Post Thanks / Like
    Gave my daughter`s car the full treatment last weekend.

Washed with NXT, clayed, PC`ed with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, PC`ed with AIO, finished with #16 by hand, let sit on the car for 20 minutes.

Silver paint looked and felt great. She washed it today with Meguire`s Gold Class. Now paint feels like there is no wax on it, and the beading after the final rinse was poor at best. :nixweiss

In the past, Gold Class shampoo has not stripped the #16 off my other cars.......

The only difference that I can think of is her car was not waxed very often b4 I bought it.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a more durable sealant, instead of a nuba product. If you PC`d your AIO, and didn`t put a glaze, it is your current lsp getting the poor durabilty.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Only one week out of #16? That`s odd. #16 is supposed to be one of the more durable carnaubas, aside from the Collinite products.

Just because it`s not beading doesn`t mean it`s not there, but it`s certainly starting to diminish.

How has the weather been? Did it rain a lot? What type of wash mitt did you use? Drying towel?

These are all things that can aid in the premature degrading of a lsp.

Post Thanks / Like
    How heavily did she mix the GC? It not the mildest stuff out there, and in sufficient concentration, it`ll strip.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, maybe she used too strong a mix. I get months of durability out of #16 even when the car`s parked outside 24/7. Beading always lasts a *long* time for me.

Oh, another thought- sometimes after a wash the water doesn`t bead, but then it *does* bead again later, like when it rains. See if that happens in this case.

But in any event, I`d just apply some more #16 to be sure it`s protected.

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by themightytimmah

How heavily did she mix the GC? It not the mildest stuff out there, and in sufficient concentration, it`ll strip.

Never heard of that happening.... have you personally experienced this?:nixweiss
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mochamanz

Never heard of that happening.... have you personally experienced this?:nixweiss

Don`t know about GC because I`ve never used it but Turtle Wax Zip Wax sure does, so I wouldn`t be surprised.

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

Don`t know about GC because I`ve never used it but Turtle Wax Zip Wax sure does, so I wouldn`t be surprised.

Next strip, I will have to try that.... unless it takes too much GC to remove sealant. (cheap here) I use GC as directed, so maybe it does. I am just suprised because I thought GC was very mild. I never had a problem with it.:p
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, thanks for the replies. After a final rinse w/o the hose nozzle, she used my Waffle weave towel to dry, and she commented later that a lot of water was still on the car after the final rinse. That`s when I knew something was not right.

She knows what to do, but being 16 yrs. old, maybe her mind was on other stuff when she was washing and drying.....I did not watch her add the GC Wash, so maybe she added too much. She knows to add a dime size for half a bucket of water, but who knows who much she added :nixweiss

Thread Information