Post Thanks / Like
    I have each of these products, and I have been using the 1Z MP less and less due to the ease of the AIO product (and the fact that Poorboy`s EX-P layers on AIO but not 1Z MP).

But I got to wondering, what is the relative chemical cleaning power of 1Z MP vs AIO in your experience? I wasn`t impressed with 1Z MP, but I haven`t used in a while. In terms of removing oxidation and previous product, which do you think works best in hand application?

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone must have an opinion on this. I`m also wondering if a sealant others than Glanz Wax may be used over MP without removing the MP first...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used AIO, but I can tell you that MP does not contain chemical cleaners - they are very mild abrasives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, I am no expert as to the chemical make up of 1Z MP, but I thought it had both mild chemical AND mild abrasive cleaning agents.

I tend to think of MP as a *very* mild cleaner wax. I use it more as a final polish or to clean up some *very* mild marring.

I use AIO as a base for some of the more finicky sealants.

FWIW, I have used EX-P over 1Z without any issues. I haven`t found PB`s LSP`s to be too picky when it comes to "bonding." :nixweiss
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z MP (professional series) and AIO are basically equal in that both have very mild abrasives. Both seem also equal in their solvent (chemical) cleansing ability.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

[B]Hmmm, I am no expert as to the chemical make up of 1Z MP, but I thought it had both mild chemical AND mild abrasive cleaning agents.

QUOTE]

That`s intersesting; from what I`d learned from 1Z Germany, I thought it had only abrasives. Thanks for the info!

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

1Z MP (professional series) and AIO are basically equal in that both have very mild abrasives. Both seem also equal in their solvent (chemical) cleansing ability.

Heh heh, I guess experiences vary Without knowing just *what* is really in these two products I can only go by how they`ve worked for me.

I find the (very mild) abrasives in the 1Z Pro MP to be considerably more aggressive than AIO, which seems to be functionally nonabrasive on the paint I`ve used it on. And the little bit of "cleaning" I`ve tried to do with the MP didn`t work very well, quite different from my experiences with AIO.

This isn`t a :argue or anything, just another one of those observations about how different people/situations can make for different experiences. These are both good products and if you have them both I bet you`ll find applications for each of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Accumulator.

I favor FP II for my final mechanically abrasive step and then I initiate the LSP application process with a coat of AIO
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information