Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like I have some pretty bad water spots on the roof and hood of my 03 vw passat. I have a pc and have tried SSR2.5 and IP. Can anyone suggestion something to me or other methods I can use to try to get these out. Would straight white vinegar work?

Also what solution of water/? do I use after the ssr2.5 to make sure its removed.
    03 VW Passat 1.8 turbo

01 Eddie Bauer Expedition

Post Thanks / Like
    Try some vinegar on a water spot and see if it removes it.If so do the rest, if not then there etched into the clear coat.Remember you don`t want to go and remove most of your clear coat if these are deeply etched.You can go aggressively to remove them "but" your also removing the protection of your clear coat over the paint. If you use the vinegar just remember to put some wax or sealent on after.

Just wipe the SSR off with a MF and that`s all you need do.If you want to do a 50/50 alcohol/water wipe down after that`s up to you, I don`t believe the SSR`s leave any oils or fillers behind.I`ve gone from SSR1 right to Zaino before.

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you need to use the 50/50 alcohol/water for? is it just regular white alcohol. Thanks
    03 VW Passat 1.8 turbo

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bad? Are we talking about slight water mark impressions or full blown craters? Water etching can be extremely frustrating. If they’re craters, vinegar will do little if any good. I’d try a combination of things starting with the least aggressive . . . depending on the severity; the remedy could fall within the scope of a medium to heavy cutting compound or leveler. Try something mild like SSR 2.5 or Sonus SFX 1 with a 4†spot pad. Again, don’t get too aggressive. Sometimes I’ll use a light compound to mask the defect as best as possible. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, I need to buy a 4" spot pad. What color pad would you use. I think orange would be fine. I have been using orange with ssr 2.5. Its there a BIG difference between orange and yellow. ( 6" pads I am talking about )
    03 VW Passat 1.8 turbo

Thread Information