Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to use the siphon on my Karcher PW to spray the car down with soap but don`t want to use the brands they sell.

Has ne1 done this b4? I would be using Meg`s Gold Class which is pretty thick.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, somewhere in the manual it`ll tell you what the dilution ratio is on a straight liquid (I.E. 1 part solution from the siphon to 10 parts water). Then look on the Meg`s bottle, and you should be able to work a ratio out of that (I use NXT at about 50 to 1), then dilute the soap before hooking it up to the siphon, so that the final mixture is the ratio on the soap bottle.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    My Karcher PW manual does not mention anything about dilution, only to place the tube "directly into cleaning solution."

When I first got my pressure washer, I would put the siphon tube directly in my carwash soap, which now I know was a serious waste of soap (and probably my wax).

My siphon is pretty agressive, I think it would be fine to dilute the soap as stated on the label and just siphon that to spray the car down. But you`d still need the washmitt and bucket for the real cleaning.

I just soap up the car with my washmitt instead of the pressure washer.

Come to think of it, I`m not sure why I got my pressure washer in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by josephclemente

My Karcher PW manual does not mention anything about dilution, only to place the tube "directly into cleaning solution."

When I first got my pressure washer, I would put the siphon tube directly in my carwash soap, which now I know was a serious waste of soap (and probably my wax).

My siphon is pretty agressive, I think it would be fine to dilute the soap as stated on the label and just siphon that to spray the car down. But you`d still need the washmitt and bucket for the real cleaning.

I just soap up the car with my washmitt instead of the pressure washer.

Come to think of it, I`m not sure why I got my pressure washer in the first place.

PW allows you to use much less water than a typical garden hose wash. It`s also good for cleaning wheel wells and dirty rims.

My Sistema electric PW doesn`t list any dilutions in the manual either. It has a .6 L soap bottle that lets you adjust for more or less suction. I usually just fill the soap bottle half full w/water and then eyeball the amount of soap concentrate I add. Shake the soap bottle and then add to the fill line w/ water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys. sadly josephclemente is right, I have a Karcher Electric PW too, and there is no mention of how to dilute the soap before placing it through the siphon.

If i mix it like I`m going to use a mitt, it comes out very weak.

Kracher sells a foamer I might try that instead, as I don`t know the ramafications of running soap through my DI Tanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you could just try a few dilutions until your happy with it . I`d try cutting the soap 5:1 and then putting the siphon in it.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MorBid

Karcher sells a foamer I might try that instead, as I don`t know the ramafications of running soap through my DI Tanks.
    If you pick-up the Karcher foamer attachment I`d be interested in hearing your thoughts on it as I`m looking at getting one too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Gold Class through my Karcher at a 50/50 dilution and with the chemical dial set on minimum it`s still suds `o rama. Next time I`m going to try a 5:1 mix.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    lix:

I haven`t ordered it yet but will let you know when it get`s here and how it works. If the picture is any indication is looks rather small.

BenP:

50/50 so would 16 ounces total get the whole car?

Thread Information