Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, this is my first post here. Im not new to forums so have done a search for the info that I need but cannot find anything that fits.

Ile expleain: Basically I do some friends cars to make a little money here and there. I do not consider myself anywhere near proffesional level and that is why I am here to ask your advice. I have been asked to do a Metallic Black BMW 3 series that is new from the showroom. However, I have been asked if it is safe to put any polishes/waxes etc on new paint. He has to park the car under very sappy trees and always ends up with sticky blotches on the car that are difficult to remove and so was wondering if I could put a coat of some protectant on it. I was thinking just using some AG super gloss protection after a thorough wash with the AG shampoo. I am however open to ideas. I have access to a fair chunk of the Meguiars range and was wondering if any of this might be a more suitable choice? Please help me with your recommendations as I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Alasdair.

Post Thanks / Like
    There will be no problems using whatever product you choose on brand new car paint. Its not the same as new paint straight out off the booth.

Providing the paint is swirl free, you wont go wrong with a good claying, mild paint cleaner/polish such as Klasse AIO, AG Super Resin, P21s GEPC then follow up with the sealant and or wax off your choice.

As its black I would probably do Autoglym Super Resin, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Poorboys EX and top with a good Carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you should be ok to wax it. Factory paint is "baked", so its good to wax right off of the truck. If it has to sit under sappy trees, I would highly reccomend one of the Collinite waxes. I personally use #915 Marque D`Elegance, but #845 Insulator works just as well, if you prefer a liquid.

If I were detailing it this would be the process:

Wash with NXT soap

Spray down with Akyra Klean (to remove all the crap the dealership puts on it, fillers, etc. 50/50 water/isopropyl alcohol works just as well, its not as user friendly though)

Clay - blue grade clay

Menzerna PO85RD (most guys would suggest a non-abrasive polish, but I feel that you can burnish the paint to a better shine with a VERY mild abrasive like PO85.)

Glaze with Menzerna FTG or Clearkote RMG/VM (this will improve depth, etc)

Wax with Collinite #915 (you won`t need to seal first with this stuff. It is THAT durable).

Spray with a gloss enhancer like Poorboy`s S+G, 4* UGE, or similar.

Dress tires, trim, etc, with a mild dressing (should be no need for dyes or oil-based restorers on a car this new)
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia :xyxthumbs

As you already have some Autoglym products, I would use the Resin and then the Extra Gloss. After 24 hours, you could add another layer of EG.

Thread Information