Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this response in another thread but I don`t think it got much attention, so I decidd to start my own thread. This is my first post and I have a millenium silver GS430. The pics below are my results after washing/claying/meg`s polish/meg`s gloss/meg`s yellow wax. I`m very new to serious detailing. Will the boutique products that I`ve read about on these forums make a drastic difference in my results? After my attempt at detailing this past weekend I felt the car was okay but not stunning as I had hoped for. Anyone out there with any recommendations? I`m looking for a super glossy wet look.

Post Thanks / Like
    LT.LEX, First off Welcome:wavey

Nice ride and I know what you mean by good shine but wanting more. ........ I have found that Megs #26 tends to mute metallics which you don`t want. In general you want a synthetic or carnuba that will bring out the metal flakes. Great products in these categories are 4*s UPP or Natty`s wax. Both are super for light colored metalics.

You`ll get more opinions, hopefully from owners of silver cars but I`ll throw in my 2 cents and say go with one of the above mentioned. Plus, you know what Megs products will do so why not give some other products a try. It`s fun but it`s addicting !!!

Let us know what you decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your input. I also noticed that the beading action wasn`t quite what I expected. I detailed my car 6 days ago and last night it rained. The water beaded up, but not the full round beads like I expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest Natty`s, S100 (conveniently available at any Harley dealership), or Pinnacle Signature. For a little extra "pop", try using Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose before waxing, and use a gloss enhancing QD like Poorboy`s Spray + Gloss or 4* Ultimate Gloss Enhancer. They are short money, and IMHO make a pretty significant difference. Too bad they only last one washing, but it only takes a minute and a half or so to QD a clean car.

Insiders tip: Try using the gloss enhancing QD on those chrome rims. I think you`ll like the results . Nice car, BTW.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO or VM + EX-P x2 and Nattys will give you the best of both worlds on your Lexus silver paint but the true shine comes from the prep work. You may not have any marring, but most of the time it is there on silver...the color masks it. The claying you did will really help and depending on which polish you used and the level of marring/defects you have you may want to consider something like Megs DACP or Poorboy`s SSR 2.5. If your finish is in good shape then something like SSR 1 or a paint cleansing lotion (Sonus, Pinnacle or P21S) will probably be fine.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse All-In-One and 4-Star UPP were reccomended to me, and to use griot car wash with 4-star gloss enhancer.

I have a similar color, a little more on the grey side, but still metallic silver.
    1996 Z28 A4 - Stock : (

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    try checking out any one of these posts from the `click & brag` section: http://autopia.org/forums/search.php...der=descending

or maybe this post by SilverLexus using AIO and Pinnacle Souveran.

good luck and happy detailing! :wavey
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Thread Information