PC @ 6 = Ludicrous speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard UPP is the slickest stuff around with a nice deep wet look to it but KSG kills it on the durability end. Would UPP bond to KSG or vice versa? I want to try and combine the deepness and slickness of UPP with the durability of KSG.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes if there is a ""CLEAN"" serface it will bond really Upp bonds to VM which is a glaze so it would have NP clinging to another sealent

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see UPP bonding to SG but I don`t think SG would bond to UPP. I find UPP to be very oily and SG won`t bond to this type of surface. There are some who say they can alternate coats of SG and UPP but I didn`t have much luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you were going to use both, there is no reason to put SG OVER UPP anyway. You want the durability of SG and the slickness of UPP, so obviously you would need to apply UPP on top of SG in order to feel the slickness of it.

It is extremely slick too, you`ll love it!
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

PC @ 6 = Ludicrous speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    whitemax - The only reason i would want to try and apply UPP before SG was because I hear it looks very deep and wet...and I am not sure if I apply say 3 layers of SG and then UPP ontop I would be able to extract that deep, wet look.

I agree that for the durabliity I should apply the SG first and then get that slick feel of UPP ontop....I was thinking since UPP is so slick there has to be some oils in it which would make it a little more difficult for SG to bond to it.

So the new question is: Can I still get the deep wet look from UPP if applied ontop of multiple layers of SG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scooch

So the new question is: Can I still get the deep wet look from UPP if applied ontop of multiple layers of SG?

I find the paint takes on the appearance of the last product you apply. If you think UPP looks deep and wet it still will over SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scooch

There`s only one way to find out.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I can see UPP bonding to SG but I don`t think SG would bond to UPP. I find UPP to be very oily and SG won`t bond to this type of surface. There are some who say they can alternate coats of SG and UPP but I didn`t have much luck.
    stevet is correct..UPP tops SG nicely....Let the SG cure for at least 24 hrs though. It`s a dynamite combo:up
    2005 Harley Softtail, 1998 Infinity QX4, 1998 ContourSVT

PC @ 6 = Ludicrous speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone...def. going to give this a whirl. I have UPP coming in tomorrow Never used it before. and I put a layer of KSG on last night. Going for a total of KSGx3 and UPPx2. Ill try and take pics as I go to show any progress...i am still newbie so my eye is not quite honed yet... Cant wait to see how this turns out. Oh and by the way...I had AIO and KSGx1 and S100x1 on the car previously but I stripped it all down by repolishing it last night with SSR1, had some micro-marring I wanted to get rid of also, and I put down AIO before the KSG....cant forget the AIO :xyxthumbs

Thread Information