Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

I`ve got a slight Metallic Black paint with a light Gold Pearl... 1997...

So, I was reading through the forum and articles about how to make her look like new again.

Plan on:

1. Wash

2. Clay Bar (i hear it comes with it`s own lube?)

3. Wash

4. Polish (with Scratch X) and Paint any rock chips

5. Sealant (i see alot of you use Klasse, is it cheaper then going to Pepboys and buying another brand?)

6. Wax... (see below)

This is the correct step-by-step process correct? And because my paint is Black with a Pearl I was wondering what would be the best to put on her to NOT Collect dust? I hear Carnuba wax is a little oily and dust just sticks right to it.

BTW, I have a Simonize 10" and 6" Orbital Buffer (yes i know about the Porter Cable, but this is all i have for now), is it better to use these buffers, or do it by hand?

All help is appreciated. Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by integraoligist

Hey all,

I`ve got a slight Metallic Black paint with a light Gold Pearl... 1997...

So, I was reading through the forum and articles about how to make her look like new again.

Plan on:

1. Wash

2. Clay Bar (i hear it comes with it`s own lube?)

3. Wash

4. Polish (with Scratch X) and Paint any rock chips

5. Sealant (i see alot of you use Klasse, is it cheaper then going to Pepboys and buying another brand?)

6. Wax... (see below)

This is the correct step-by-step process correct? And because my paint is Black with a Pearl I was wondering what would be the best to put on her to NOT Collect dust? I hear Carnuba wax is a little oily and dust just sticks right to it.

BTW, I have a Simonize 10" and 6" Orbital Buffer (yes i know about the Porter Cable, but this is all i have for now), is it better to use these buffers, or do it by hand?

All help is appreciated. Thanks all!

Using buffers is better IMO. However, you may want to get some polising pads to use with polish. I use Meguiars polishing pads with 1Z PP to get rid of swirls and blemishes. Then I wax with 2 coats of NXT.

You may opt to use with Klasse AIO and sealants instead of 1zPP and NXT.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    black paint gets dirty fast, so you can really do much to it except keep washing it.

black is one hell of a color to work with though (i have a black car too). if i were you i do it like this:

1.wash - with a fairly good car shampoo, whatever you like reallly. dont use dishwasher soap!

2. claybar- mothers claybar is available locally, but i`d go with claymagic, it works much better. check out the autopiacarecare store to buy it, they have a deal going on.

3. polish- check the reviews, see what kinda polish you need. 3m, megauirs and stuff like that works real good.

4. wax or sealant- doing both is too much work, once again check the reviews to see what would fit you.

the orbital polishers are alright, but trust me, and i`m not the only person here that will say this, but you gotta get a porter cable 7524(?) polisher!

use the search function to get more detailed info

Post Thanks / Like
    i noticed you planned to wash after you clay.

you can either a) be careful with where your clay lube goes and not have to wash again and save time.

or b) wash again and not save time

i like saving time.

and have fun with your black paint, i have dark blue and thats an effort! but black looks the best i must admit.
    Thanks for Reading my Rant

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys...

liam, i always heard you should wash after you claybar to get all the dirt/contamination that may have risen out of the paint but not stuck on the clay, off. And take the Oil from the Claybar off as well. Whats your take on that?

shyne, i always heard that you should ALWAYS add a Sealent after you Polish... and that Waxing is Optional... I`m trying to search for a better understand of the 2, do you have a link to a specific thread by chance? and yes, i want the PC, but i can`t get her right now []

Tanat198, I heard a lot of good things about the NXT Paste... why do you opt of the NXT instead of Sealent? And why do you prefer the NXT over the Klasse AIO?

Thanks again all!

Thread Information