Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So i bought these off of someone online, they werent in great shape but i was able to bring back most of the shine.

But there are still parts inside of the spokes that wont polish out. I have tried using Mother billet polish which works well but isnt helping for the spokes. I also have tried it with the powerball... still have marks.

Oh this is a bad pic since i havent polished the wheels after washing. Those waterspot on the lip arent stained.

Any ideas what i can do about the inside of the spokes? Can i sand it then polish? There is no clearcoat

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    you could try a Mr Clean magic eraser

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that different than a claybar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the eraser is different than a clay bar.

My process for those wheels would be P21S Wheel Cleaner, then metal/chrome polish, then clay, then AIO.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    if those are Iforged wheels i would use mothers metal polish to remove the swirls then you can go over it with some heavy metal polish to add some protection to the wheels so you dont get water spotting when you wash them. Im assuming that happens when you wash the car and its hot. I have some ROH wheels that are not coated so you constantly have to polish them to keep them shining. However when wheels are clear coated like HRE`s or Fikse you just need to polish the clear but its not as often as polishing an uncoated wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried mothers billet polish and it doesnt seem to work on those spots in the pictures. (inside of the spokes) I just cant get them to shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dug this out of my bookmarks, I haven`t tried it personally but I hear good things about the kit on tough-to-polish rims. Use em with a corded drill, as high of a torque/rpm as you can get your hands on.

http://www.hobbytool.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=430

Please lemme know how it goes, I might end up buying a kit to restore the rims on my GTP.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino glass polish is my go to after mothers doesn`t work. I always try mothers first because I love the stuff, but it sometimes doesn`t get the sticky brake junk. Zaino glass polish will get anything of the wheels. Sand and polish, no: Sanding will scratch and polishes are made to even CC not metal.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    English Custom Polishes has a product called Metal Restorer. I used it this weekend on my Cyclo. It is a pretty powerful polish. Their website has a wealth of information about polishing all types of metals. I would definitely check it out.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    The Flitz Polishing Ball on a drill with Flitz Polish would do a number on those.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Agreed...used the Flitz on my new Welds and they look like chrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Crazy Quattro

I have tried mothers billet polish and it doesnt seem to work on those spots in the pictures. (inside of the spokes) I just cant get them to shine.

you need to try the regular mothers not the billet, your rims are not billet so id give it a shot with the red n white mothers can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

The Flitz Polishing Ball on a drill with Flitz Polish would do a number on those.

I used mothers powerball on them with the billet metal polish. Isnt that the same as Flitz?

I will try mothers alumium polish next.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find all the Mother`s aluminum polishes to be very mild, too mild for my applications.

Products I have tried and liked are Flitz and Wenol. I haven`t tried the Powerball yet, even though it looks like a great product, but when I had to polish wheels in the same condition as yours I went to Sears and bought the polishing kit they had for use on drills. They are a kind of rigid buffing wheel and come in different diameters. One of those with red Wenol, and then again with blue Wenol made them look like new, but it did take me about an hour or so on each wheel and I removed the wheels to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother Billet is not as agressive as the original metal polish. FWIW the best I used are Semi-Chrome or As JDookie said Wenol red. I never found any oxidation that can`t be removed with thoes products. Another said to try a dremel tools with the polish and go to that if the Wenol does not work. Thoes rims are Iforged and I have a set similar to them and have similar problems if I don`t dry the wheels off with a towel. Mines clean up nice with a Powerball. You can reserve the Billet to do a final polish. You might want to protect them with AIO.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information