Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after spending countless hours trying to get rid of swirls, scratches, marring, hazing, etc., I finally finished the job...Sort of. I did not yet detail the interior as I just need a break. I did not work on the project every day, and when I did it was 1 hr at a time.

My first try with the PC was mixed. I learned really soon that you need to move really slooooowwwww and crank it up to around 5 or 6. Time must be given for the polish to break down. I used Poorboys SSR 2.5 with an orange LC light cutting pad. I then followed with SSR 1 with a white LC polishing pad. When that was done I followed with AIO and a white LC polishing pad. I finallly topped the paint off with P21S x 2. Like I said, I didn`t truly finish the entire project but am satisfied enough at the moment that I want to show the improvements. I probably could have done a little better job with more time spent but I wanted to finish. Anyways to the pictures.....

Hood Before

Hood After

Side Before

Side After

Reflection Shots

Hood before

Hood after

Overall I am pleased with the results. On the next vehicle ( 1990 Chevy Pickup Truck with severe oxidation) I will have a better understanding on how to attack the job. Patience is the key with the PC. I love my new toy and won`t trade it for anything in the world! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great, much better than before. im gonna use my pc for the first time this weekend. any tips on how exactly to manuver it? u said EXTREMELY slow. how far per second would u say u moved? any tips for a new pc user would be greatly appreciated.. great job on the car, congrats
    04 pathfinder CarDomain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2430502

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally figured that I needed to move about 1 inch per second and still follow up with a couple of passes. After inspecting the finish there were areas that needed another pass or two. You really can`t rush it with a PC. It takes time.

I would go side to side, then when I finished that particular section, up and down. Make sure you have enough polish on the pad and clean the pad frequently. My paint had no clear coat so the pad kept getting dirty. I cleaned almost after every evening it seemed.

Have fun and good luck. The results at the end are well worth your time. A true sense of accomplishment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work. I love my PC too. Mod that Jeep!!!
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    We don`t really drive the jeep anymore now that we have a newborn. It was my wifes first ride. I have never really driven it too much and am now contemplating selling it. I have asked her before if she wanted me to mod it and she declined. Since it was her ride, I felt no need to do anything to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great first detail. The second picture really shows how much of an improvement you made in the paint. How happy was your wife with the detail?
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    She was very impressed. Now she knows what I was doing all that time in the garage, lol! At least she now sees that the large amounts of money I have been spending on detailing products have not been wasted. Maybe I will kindly ask her if I can place another small, itsy, bitsy order tomorrow. I pray she says yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say that you did an amazing job for your your first time with th pc. If you are selling the jeep it looks like you just added a good amount of $$ to the selling price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind compliments! After seeing first hand how much an improvement a pc can do, I am anxious to try the next vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great for a first time, to be honest thats better than anything I`ve ever done with a PC (I don`t have the patience to do a good job with a PC so I bought a cyclo, never looked back).

One slight tip - change tire shines. I know beauty is in the beholder, but I personally don`t like the look of that one. Try Mother`s Reflections or 4* gel.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    The tire shine is Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel. I think I may have put a little too much. I personally like the look of WG BD Tire gel. To each his own I guess. Thanks for your compliments.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are happy with your shiney tires then that is what really matters:up

Your polishing technique will only get better with practice.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! Awesome transformation. That first pic...
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed, a great job huge improvement :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very satisfying to remove swirls but very hard to explain to anyone else why it is important.

Great work:xyxthumbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information