Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright well I knew I was a complete dumbass when it came down to detailing my car but decided I would try it anyways (by the way my other username doesn`t want to log in so i had to use htis one)

Anyways I went over my headlamps with klasse aio but with a blue pad and I think I messed them up! What can I do to fix this problem? Check out these len`s there gone to hell when they are actually on and they cost about 2k so replacement is not an answer

Will anything fix this problem?

I think I did the same thing to my wheels...I think I was suppoed to use a gray pad for this stuff but went over it with a blue one god damn I knew I`d **** up something!

Post Thanks / Like
    A blue pad is fine to use with AIO. I really do not have an answer for what happened as I have never had AIO leave hazing like that. Did you use anything before AIO and are you sure you thoroughly removed the residue? Have any pictures of the entire headlight? Unless I am being fooled, the hazing in the first picture has an east-west motion and that is throwing me off on the potential cause. You did use a PC, right?

BTW, contact David and tell him of your second user ID. It`ll cause trouble if you do not.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like AIO is still on there b/c you used too much

try spraying them down with alcohol on a microfiber
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I used plexus overtop of them and still nothing coming off of them. there plastic. Do you think the blue pad that has a bit of bite to it caused it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Get closer and look at that plastic. You might need magnification.

If you`re lucky, that`s simply Klasse sitting on the surface, and some elbowgrease polishing it off will fix it.

If you`re unlucky, that`s damage to the plastic itself. Not the end of the world. It simply means some more elbowgrease, and polishing the plastic surface itself back to smooth.

In either case, the damage is very repairable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blue pad, DAS ?

I wore away alittle of the clear protective film of my headlights with AIO and a polishing pad....oops wont do that agian.

Post Thanks / Like
    it was a blue propel pad...

what should I use to get all that crap off? Should I put a finishing bonet thing on top of a grey propel pad and try that out?? What should I put on the light itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by srtviperricky

........what should I use to get all that crap off? Should I put a finishing bonet thing on top of a grey propel pad and try that out?? What should I put on the light itself?
    If it is just dried AIO on there then just use more AIO to take it off. Do it by hand with a slightly moistened foam or MF applicator and wipe the residue off before it dries. If that doesn`t work, then you might want to try some Meg`s PlastiX.

I also think it would be hard to mess up your wheels with AIO and a blue pad. Try the same thing with your wheels to make sure it isn`t just dried AIO that was applied too thick. Otherwise some better pics of the whole headlight and the wheels will make it easier to find a solution.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Eliot Ness

If it is just dried AIO on there then just use more AIO to take it off. Do it by hand with a slightly moistened foam or MF applicator and wipe the residue off before it dries. If that doesn`t work, then you might want to try some Meg`s PlastiX.

I also think it would be hard to mess up your wheels with AIO and a blue pad. Try the same thing with your wheels to make sure it isn`t just dried AIO that was applied too thick. Otherwise some better pics of the whole headlight and the wheels will make it easier to find a solution.

Its next to impossible to catch the scratches on the light. I barely got these ones after about 10 pictures! I`m not exactly the smartest one when it comes to camara`s etc. but I will go try the aio solution right now and post back ina bout 15 minutes :thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    well that didnt` work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

looks like AIO is still on there b/c you used too much

try spraying them down with alcohol on a microfiber
    word
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by srtviperricky

well that didnt` work!

Get some close-up pictures of your headlights with the lights off, and then with the lights on, take a picture at such an angle that the lights do not white out the picture. You will probably need to be behind the lights and pointing the camera toward the ground. I want to see what the headlights look like when light is being reflected off the plastic. Do not worry about trying to capture the scratches/hazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you let the pad run dry?

Try a plastic polish like Meguiar`s PlastX.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the plastX. It will remove most of that hazing. Use it by hand and follow the directions on the bottle. You should be happy with the results.
    Trent Byrd

Down N` Dirty Auto Detailing-Owner

Perfection is my standard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information