Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got my cleaning materials, and I`m about to go out and do it. THis is what I`m going to do.

1) Wash the car with car soap

2) Dry it with Microfiber drying towel

3) Clay bar with detailer

4) Polish with polisher

5) Hand glaze

6) Wax

My question is do I have to wash the car and also dry the car after clay barring, polishing, and hand glazing? Or can I just go straight into the next steps without washing. Also, do I have to dry the car again after each wash?

I really hate drying the car, I would like to avoid it if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    wash, dry,clay w/lube, dry, polish, glaze, wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    sklew- Yeah, depending on the lube and how your claying goes, you may very well be able to go straight from claying to polishing with no second wash. Definitely shouldn`t need to wash after polishing or glazing (washing would clean off the glaze).

But you do need to dry after you wash to avoid waterspots and water messing with your polish/glaze/wax products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don`t you Clay while washing. YOu will waste time washing --> drying --> lubing and claying --> washing ---> drying ---> polishing

Just wash a panel using soap --> rinse --> soap it up real good again ---> clay ---> rinse. Maybe wash the same panel one more time. Just My Opinion

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by J.J.

Just wash a panel using soap --> rinse --> soap it up real good again ---> clay ---> rinse. Maybe wash the same panel one more time. Just My Opinion

JJ [/B]

That sounds like a good option. But is there any advantage in lubing with detailer as opposed to soap? Cause I was planning on using detailer, but if soap works just as well, this sounds like a easier method...

Post Thanks / Like
    The soap is a good method, the only problem is you will have to rinse the car again to get it off, instead of just drying. I like using Poorboys Spray and wipe as my lube and then wiping it off with a mf. pretty much the clay lube u get with the mothers kit is just like a spray and wipe but maybe of a lil lesser quality, and i`m not sure but it might have some gloss enhancers in it to give it a little more shine but im not for sure on that one.
    The Stable:

95 Deep Forest Green Mustang GT Vert

00 Metallic Silver V6 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no advantage to the detailer spray. Soap works just as well. Although, some will argue that the clay can become a sloppy mess when over saturated. I have never experienced this problem personally, so I can`t comment. What kind of clay are you using?

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    I just clayed my truck. Usually i do it when i wash, but i did it at 1 pm, which is a tricky time here in Florida right now.

Anyways, i used megs NXT QD for claying(in my garage), then using Megs new QD sponge thing(which is really awesome), i wiped off the mess with some S&G.

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely have any shade available to wash the car so I tend to wash and then clay a panel at a time as I work my way around the whole car.

Wash

Clay

Wash

Move to next panel

I wash the panel and use some car wash soapy water in a spray bottle as I clay if needed.

Thread Information