Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I just got my buffer and all the pads along with the compound, polish, glaze and wax. Before I start I want to make sure I am doing it correct so I need your advice.

The white pad that came with the PC what can I use that pad for? It feels kinda hard can I use it as a cutting, polish, or finishing pad?

I am going to detail two black cars. Both cars will be black. The first car will be a 1999 Maxima. The paint on the 99 maxima is still good. It just has alot of swirls minor scratches and scuffs. Should I even use compound on this? or can I just start off with the orange pad from Sonus and use a polish? then work my way down to the green pad with a machine glaze and final using the blue pad with wax to seal it?

My second car is a 2005 RSX Types Black. I`ve had it for two months. The dealer left alot of swirls all over the car. Since this car is still new what is the best way to take car of this car without taking off too much paint. Will a good machine glaze and wax do the job?

I purchase the Sonus pad kit from autopia. and it comes with two orange micro fiber pad covers. The instructions saids that it is use to take off polish or wax. Can I use this to apply wax?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the white pad is a polishing pad, but I`ve never used it. You won`t be able to take off *any* paint with the PC, so that shouldn`t be a problem (especially since both cars have clear ).

3M`s SMR or Meg`s DACP is a good start, but there are plenty of others that work real well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Sinitry23

Hi I just got my buffer and all the pads along with the compound, polish, glaze and wax. Before I start I want to make sure I am doing it correct so I need your advice.

The white pad that came with the PC what can I use that pad for? It feels kinda hard can I use it as a cutting, polish, or finishing pad?

I am going to detail two black cars. Both cars will be black. The first car will be a 1999 Maxima. The paint on the 99 maxima is still good. It just has alot of swirls minor scratches and scuffs. Should I even use compound on this? or can I just start off with the orange pad from Sonus and use a polish? then work my way down to the green pad with a machine glaze and final using the blue pad with wax to seal it?

My second car is a 2005 RSX Types Black. I`ve had it for two months. The dealer left alot of swirls all over the car. Since this car is still new what is the best way to take car of this car without taking off too much paint. Will a good machine glaze and wax do the job?

I purchase the Sonus pad kit from autopia. and it comes with two orange micro fiber pad covers. The instructions saids that it is use to take off polish or wax. Can I use this to apply wax?

Thanks

Dump the pad that comes with the machine. It`s no good. Sonus pad should be what you need. If the swirls are not too heavy. Go with MEGS#80. I use 1ZPP on my Black Audi. It turns out very nicely. The toughest polishing I ever use is #83. It`s a good product too. When waxing your car with the pad, use a pad for waxing. The orange microfiber is for removing wax only.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Get rid of that white pad? Should I use the white pad with the micro fiber covers?

So what should I use on my new car? Just use Glaze and wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can remove paint with a PC, thats the only way people remove defect. In fact people have gone through the clear and into the primer, it just takes work, or stupidity.

What some of the experts advise people to do is to:

Section off a section that you can use to determine the right process to meet your expectations

Starting with the least aggressive approach and working your way up on a 2x2 area, find out what pad/polish combo is going to meet your expectations.

If you can catch your fingernail, even slightly, in a scratch, it is too deep to remove without thinning the clear coat to much.

There is alot of products to sort through, some work with a glaze and some dont.

Thread Information