Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Like to hear everyones favorite combo on dark blues, especially metallic. So far I have used 1Z glanz wax, meguires gold class and NXT. I really need to step up my procedures this year and I want to try a bunch of different finishes, so what do ya`ll recommend. This is for my 94, midnite/indigo blue metallic z71 silverado. Its got some issues but for being 11 years old its looking pretty darn good. Gonna be doing a bit of wet sanding and what not to get it looking perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ2PRO........
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    This was Megs 1 x #26 then Megs 1 x #16 and then a QD. It does feel nice but not as slick as Zaino

Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it depends on what your goal is. Are your looking for products that offer the ultimate in protection? Are you looking for those metalic flakes to pop? Are you looking to deepen the the Indigo blue? Synthetic sealant? Carnauba Wax? Combo of the 2? To aid in your quest, here`s a couple of suggestions for ya:

Like Burlyq has stated......Zaino My friend! Start with a good prep ( wash, clay & polish ) Then apply 3 coats of Z5 followed by 3 coats of Z2Pro. Qd with the Z6 & top with Z8. The results with be nothing short of stunning. Longterm durability with easy care maintenance. nice wet look,Metalic flakes "pop".

If your not willing to invest in the Zaino, try the Klasse All In one & Klasse Sealant Glaze combo. The AIO is a terrific product that`s pretty user friendly. Not only does it clean the paint, but it provides a great sealant base coat to be used with just about any product you choose as your LSP. Try topping the Klasse combo with your favorite Carnauba wax.

While were talking synthetic products, I`ve also had great results with Poorboy`s EX w/Carnauba,Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant & UPP. Like the Klasse products,the EX, WG & UPP can be topped with `nuba or left as a stand alone sealant. ( it`s up to you! ) At this point, don`t fprget a quality detailing spray. Use the Sonus Acryilic Spritz & the Acrylic Glanz to maintain your Klasse products. If you`re topping the Klasse with a carnauba wax, I recommend my 2 favorites. The Sonus Carnauba Spritz or the Pinnacle Crystal Mist. There are many quality QD`s out there so don`t be afraid to experiment. Recently, I`ve mixed both the Carnauba spritz with the Crystal Mist together. ( just for the heck of it )

If it`s a Carnauba Wax you`re looking for, The Pinnacle Souveran is pricey, but amazing! In additon, I also recommend the P21S,Meguiar`s #26 Paste,Trade Secret & the Clearkote waxes. When it comes to Paintwork cleansers & mild polishes, try the Clearkote Vanilla Moose, P21S Paintwork Cleanser & the 1Z MP. ( just to name a few) Since I work strictly by hand ( no PC yet.....) I`ll let the other Autopians chime in regarding the best performing polishes to use with a PC.

In closing, with the exception of the Zaino system which will last for 6+ months with proper maintenence, I`ve found the synthetic products will last for 2-3 months before your stripping it & starting over again. ( I go 2 months, tops ) With Carnaubas, I wax so frequently ( every 2 weeks or so ) that durability isn`t an issue. I like to keep that ultra wetlook at it`s optimun! Hope this helps!!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colorx and Tropicare TC3- mettallic flakes pop-

Megs#26 topped with NXT booster

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorites:

-Klasse AIO x2/ SGx5 (are you a show-off?)

-KLasse twins topped with 2 coats of Souveran (drool)

-Klasse twins with 3 coats of NXT paste (mimics the Klasse/Souveran combo for cheap)

I didn`t like Klasse/S100. If you decide on Klasse/NXT, the first coat of NXT is blah. Let the NXT cure for a week then reapply and have some Speed Detailer. I thought that Meg`s 3-step was the bomb when I first tried it but the Klasse twins are head and shoulders better.

Post Thanks / Like
    My trials I have found that:

Zaino Z5, Z2PRO, Z2 all work great.

NXT

AIO+Souveran

GEPC+P21S

Collinite 845IW

ALL Look good. The best IMO is AIO+Souveran!
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the look of the AIO/WG combo on my Midnight Blue Metallic GTO. The look mimics a carnauba. It`s very wet and warm, and the slickness is great. It is a dust magnet, but after a couple of washes, this is not as much of a problem.

Having said that, I will be switching to Z2Pro shortly as I am wanting a little more reflectivity/pop to the flake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NorCalZ71

Like to hear everyones favorite combo on dark blues, especially metallic. So far I have used 1Z glanz wax, meguires gold class and NXT. I really need to step up my procedures this year and I want to try a bunch of different finishes, so what do ya`ll recommend. This is for my 94, midnite/indigo blue metallic z71 silverado. Its got some issues but for being 11 years old its looking pretty darn good. Gonna be doing a bit of wet sanding and what not to get it looking perfect.

Either 3M FCRC or 3M PI III MG with a white polishing pad followed by #26 (or #16). This is a great combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite would be NXT. If I could pick only one color to use NXT on it would be medium to deep metallic blues.

#9 with a polishing pad, NXT with a finishing pad.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome fellas, thanks for the replies. I am definitely needing to pick up a few products. Durability is not as much of an issue as finish, I`m down to redo it more often if it looks awesome. Should mention I have a PC as well. I think I need to get some Klasse, souveran, P1S2, vanilla moose, poorboys products and maybe some 26 for starters. What is you preferred application method for finishing products? Hand or PC? Microfiber, foam or terry?

Post Thanks / Like
    ssr 2.5, VM and ex-p. awesome results.
    The Stable:

95 Deep Forest Green Mustang GT Vert

00 Metallic Silver V6 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    NorCal,

Just to follow up my previous long winded reply to your question, It all comes down to this...............Just do anything Scottwax says!! His work & experience speaks for itself!!! ( Did ya take a look at that Caddie?????? Just AMAZING!!! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NorCalZ71

awesome fellas, thanks for the replies. I am definitely needing to pick up a few products. Durability is not as much of an issue as finish, I`m down to redo it more often if it looks awesome. Should mention I have a PC as well. I think I need to get some Klasse, souveran, P1S2, vanilla moose, poorboys products and maybe some 26 for starters. What is you preferred application method for finishing products? Hand or PC? Microfiber, foam or terry?

I have a blue metallic (Oceanus Pearl Blue) Solara, and I don`t use sealants though I`m sure I will some day soon...I`m not nearly as experienced as most here but...

The one thing I would recommend from your list above would be to drop either Souveran or P21S....They`re not the same, and I prefer Souveran slightly over P21S. But having done it myself, I honestly don`t think it`s worth dropping both $32 on P21S and $65 -$70 on Souveran....I`d recommend picking one of them, or at the very least, save some $$$ for another product and get S100 instead of P21S.

--Somedevil

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 vote for Zaino, I`ve gone the megs route as well on some cars and it does look amazing, but I just recently used zaino for the first time and I love it. I did my car with it (dark grey metallic) and then the next weekend I did my moms car with it (dark blue metallic) since I liked it so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information