Post Thanks / Like
    okay so i got my pads and ssr1 and ssr2.5, i decided to do something. im having my hood repainted soon so i practiced on that. i just have blue pads so i used that with both ssr`s. i noticed that its really hard to tell when the product is done working, i was polishin the area for what seemed like 5 minutes so i just stopped assuming it must be worked in :nixweiss: . i wiped off the residue and it didnt seem to come off as easily as i think it should of, i kind of had to rub it off. how long to wait between removing? so i went to ssr1 and basically same deal. i also saw some minor hologramming but i think it came away when removing the polish. so any tips if you understood that would be great, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you didn`t break the polish down. One of three things is the cause. 1) You used too much product, 2) You used to slow of a speed, or 3) You did both 1 and 2.

How much product did you use, and what was the speed?

Post Thanks / Like
    speed was 5, it was too much product. how long should i be waiting between finishing and wiping it off ? i have to wipe it off before going to ssr1 right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Speed 5 is good. You can even bump it up to 6 every now and then on the really stubborn areas and/or if you mistakenly use a little too much product again.

You should be working a 2ft x 2ft area at a time, and use enough product so that you can buff that area for a couple of minutes before it dries up. Every product *flashes* differently. Some dust, some dry clear, etc. Basically, once you see the product go from liquid to dry, it`s done. Stop and wipe it off with a mf towel. PB`s SSR`s are extremely user friendly, so it should wipe off with little to no effort. If it wants to smear, you didn`t work it long enough. Inspect the area and polish it again if there are still defects.

Follow this method over the whole car before moving to SSR1, which is worked the very same way. Just remember to be patient and take your time. Move the polisher very slowly and let the machine do the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh also, what should i do with the pad, is it ok to put it in a bag for a few days until i use it again or should i somehow clean it

Post Thanks / Like
    bump. i dont wanna spam an make another thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2000firebird

oh also, what should i do with the pad, is it ok to put it in a bag for a few days until i use it again or should i somehow clean it

I clean my pads after im done but you could put it in a plastic bag . Follow the pad manufactures care suggestions when it comes to cleaning them.

Post Thanks / Like
    speakin of pads, im about to first use my pc with Sonus DAS pad set. do i ever need to clean the pad in the process of applying a coat of polish or can i do the whole car w/o touching it. i no it depends on paint condition and oxidation but is it always necesary to keep brushing it off? also on my color car, light tan, its hard to see where the product is and how well blended in it is when outside. i dont have halogens in my garage just some normal bulbs, but would product be more visible in a garage with minor lighting? cause its a pain not being able to see how its looking

Thread Information