Post Thanks / Like
    I just spent 5 hours washing, claying, and waxing my car yesterday and it looked awesome! Now though after one day of driving its dusty anyone have any suggestions on to prevent this? Or should I just get the California Car Duster?

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain! It happens to me all the time. I seem to live in the dust capitol of the world. To make matters worse, it`s pollen season here in West Texas! Are you using a carnauba wax? Carnaubas can be dust magnets. Sometimes, static is built up on the surfice of your paint from buffing with mf`s. A wash should take care of the static problem. As for using a car duster........I have both the Cali car duster & the Oxo car duster, but I rarely use them. I wash then QD rather than taking the chance of marring my black paint with a car duster. As a matter of fact, I don`t even QD my truck unless I`ve washed it first.

Post Thanks / Like
    try washing your microfiber towels and letting them airdry until they`re almost dry but a lil damp. then throw them into the dryer in low heat to finish em off. they become nice and staticky. use them to qd u`re car after a wash and u`ll hear the static gliding over the surface of u`re car. now i dont exactly know how it works, i do notice i get little to no brake dust in conditions where i would get a nice sized amount on my hatch!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take it youâ€â„¢re using Microfiber (polyester / nylon) towels they may be adding to the static build-up on the surface. Try a natural product like cotton (DFAlpineâ„¢ or the Autopia Concours Towel) it will cut down on the static build-up from the polyester but wonâ€â„¢t entirely eliminate friction static. Once finished take the a damp cotton towel and wipe the surface

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do use microfiber towels and after i was done i could feel the car pulling my hair closer to it from all the static. Someone reccommended buy a microfiber mit and use it strictly for getting dust off the car. I thought that if you quick detail the car while it has dust on it you were basically rubbing the dust all over your car and scratching it???

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that Finish Kare`s QD is antistatic-it might help some

Thread Information