Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I`ve got a habit which I do not know whether is it doing more harm or good to the car, so try to get some feedback here. Whenever my car is caught in the rain and so happen I park my car into a covered carpark, I will always wipe dry the hood so that the water beads will not dry up due to the heat. But the problem is I have to start with a dry MF cloth, will this actually create more scratch marks at the same the affecting the durabilty of the protection from the wax or sealant ? So I am wondering should I just kick this habit and simply do the weekly wash ? This is really fustrating during the rainning season. Lastly, hope that I am not asking a stupid question . Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    if the car is very, very clean it should not be a problem, and a small spray of QD might help

if the car is dirty, even dusty, pouring a small bottle of DISTILLED water over the hood would be a better option
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    So is it a practice for people here to carry a bottle of QD in the car ? I actually thought of that but just wondering would the high temperature in the car causes any damage to the QD, down here in Singapore, if you park you car under the sun for just 15 mins, the car feels like "oven".

Post Thanks / Like
    I stash two MFs rubber-banded around a bottle of QD under the seat. That way it doesn`t get AS hot.
    The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.

-Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen2- nah, not a dumb question at all.

Yeah, high temps will cook your QD. When it goes bad it will usually appear more "clear" than normal.

I would`t wipe off the hood, I`d worry about marring it. Unless I have an awful birdbomb, I don`t touch the paint until I can do a full wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would wipe the hood with a QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the replies. So far I can see that the general advice is to do it with a QD. But again I am pretty concern about the high temp in the car will cook the QD as mentioned by Accumulator. So anymore experts or chemists would like to share some views in this aspect ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gen2

So is it a practice for people here to carry a bottle of QD in the car

I do, its so I don`t start getting neurotic when I walk outside and see a big hunk of bird sh knowing I can`t remove it till I get home. I just put a bottle of #Meg`s consumer stuff and a MF in a Glad bag. Hardly ever use it, but nice to know its there.

I should note this is ALL I carry with me - I am still somewhat normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not use a QD on hot paint but if the paint is clean apart from the rain, I would wait for it to dry and then use a QD.

If it was my car I would wait until I could wash it properly but I do not live with your climate

Thread Information