Post Thanks / Like
    The novel idea occurred to me that I could use touch up paint on my rims. Ha. Sorry, I`m slow...

Anyhow, they are imported alloy rims with a high-lustre paint style that is hard to match. I`ve heard from some sources that it is called "hyper silver" and some people even say the chemicals for it are illegal in the USA (then again, some say otherwise...)

I`m having trouble finding a source for "hyper silver" touch-up paint though. Anyone have any ideas?

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try PaintScratch and give them a call to ask them about it. Their front page says they have paint books for borrowing purposes, or they may be able to help you over the phone. The touch-up they sent me matched the white pearl color identically.

Good luck.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that it helps much, but I made some progress...

Visited a local auto paint shop and they did some research for me. They said that they found a specific match via PPG Global # 300892. Unfortunately, they don`t handle the Global line from PPG so I had to look elsewhere...

Found another place an hour away that does, but turns out that this paint is for the whole professional process, involving spraying, hardener, clearcoat, etc etc. So for obtaining a little touch-up paint it`s useless for me.

Going to keep trying, but in the meantime... is there anyone here familiar with obtaining obscure touch-up paint colors who can utilitize this new info and offer new advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you now have the paint codes give the place thinksnow linked you to (PaintScratch) a call. I`ve had good customer service from them in the past.
    John

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by sremick

Not that it helps much, but I made some progress...

Visited a local auto paint shop and they did some research for me. They said that they found a specific match via PPG Global # 300892. Unfortunately, they don`t handle the Global line from PPG so I had to look elsewhere...

Found another place an hour away that does, but turns out that this paint is for the whole professional process, involving spraying, hardener, clearcoat, etc etc. So for obtaining a little touch-up paint it`s useless for me.

Going to keep trying, but in the meantime... is there anyone here familiar with obtaining obscure touch-up paint colors who can utilitize this new info and offer new advice?

Do you have a FinishMaster store anywhere near you? The one by me claims to handle ALL PPG paints and lines, so maybe they would have it. Or the PaintScratch place is also good. I just use FM since they`re a close to me source. I can get just about any color in bottle form or in a rattle can, not to mention ready for a spray-booth style sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, no FinishMaster around here. I did some searching and the closest is about 3-4hr away in MA.

Place I talked to was the paint dept at a Bond Auto Parts. They could provide the color, but apparently that color code only helps them supply it as the pro activator/hardener/etc for spraying and requiring a clearcoat too.

I emailed PaintScratch and they are looking into it. Turns out they handle PPG I also emailed FinishMaster, will see what they say. Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gang! My brother started a biz called Hot Wheel System based out of Tampa. he does rim repair but also sells a very high grade hyper silver paint that is imported from Asia. he sells it to many other wheel repair companies throughout the USA.

if you`d like some call or text: 813.802.8982 / Perma Touch System

hope this is helpful! thanks, Greg

Thread Information