Post Thanks / Like
    Just polished my black car with Zaino but i could not wash off the water marks on the roof how could i get rid of them? Claying or a better dishwater detergent i used Palmolive.

Post Thanks / Like
    49er,

Unless you plan on polishing, don`t wash your car with dish soap. Zaino products are protectants , not polishes (I think) so you didn`t really do anything to remove the water marks.

In general, to remove water marks most people have had very good results with vinegar (white distilled). Just pour some in your bucket with water (I`m not exactly sure about the mixture, 50/50 maybe?) and use that to wash the car. This *should* get most of the water spots off, and if not you will just have to try to polish them out with an abrasive polish.

After all of that`s done, THEN you can apply your Zaino.

As a rule of thumb, unless you plan on doing a full polish don`t use dish soap. Get a good car shampoo instead, especially after you detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks your right i wanted to polish the whole car so dish soap works well but i will stick to eagle one wet car wash soap suppose to be best. As for the dirt on the roof and water spots i guess a good polisher tool rotory would be best with a harsh polish would you say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of a rotary, I suggest a DA polisher instead like the Porter Cable 7336 or 7424, that`s what most of us use.

Also instead of a *harsh* polish, you just need a good polish with *abrasives* which doesn`t mean it`s going to be harsh but will remove most defects.

Poorboy`s SSR polishes seem to be very versatile and user friendly for a beginner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before you start with a rotary and some rubbing compound, try looking around here, try the "Hall of Fame" or the Tutorials for the PC...
    2003.5 Desert Platinum Infiniti G35 Sedan

Biweekly Routine---Wash: Foam gun + NXT Wash (Microfibers), then topped with #16 or OCW.

Thread Information