Post Thanks / Like
    When I bought my car I make the dealer aply antirust on my car. now I have a layer of anti-rust on the bottom of my doors and all the dust stick to it, making it look black. I`m looking to remove it and I thought about an engine cleaner. Now I use AG engine cleaner and I were wondering if I can use it on the bottom of my door or you guys have an other suggestion. My main worry is about the vinyl of my door.
    “If anyone is not willing to work, neither should he eat.” 2 Thess 3.10

`04 Mazda3 sedan GT, Sunset orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Odin Mz3

When I bought my car I make the dealer aply antirust on my car. now I have a layer of anti-rust on the bottom of my doors and all the dust stick to it, making it look black. I`m looking to remove it and I thought about an engine cleaner. Now I use AG engine cleaner and I were wondering if I can use it on the bottom of my door or you guys have an other suggestion. My main worry is about the vinyl of my door.

Typically most greases are oil based and something like mineral spirits should clean it right off. Be sure to wax after cleaning as the mineral spirits will remove any wax that was on there. You might want to try an inconspicous spot on the vinly to see how it effects it, but also, like the metal, retreat with a vinyl protectant. You can pick it up at Home Depot or any hardware store.

Post Thanks / Like
    mineral spirits??

I had in mind to wax the inside of my door, thats why I want to remove that ****.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is anything like the factory sprays on truck frames, skin and clothing work quite effectively......

Post Thanks / Like
    I use typical tar/adhesive/wax/etc. removal solvents. I probably reach for the 3M Adhesive Remover as often as anything, it works on all sorts of stuff. That`s usually my first step when cleaning up areas like that. Be careful you don`t mar the surface if there`s dirt stuck to the [stuff] and use a soft cloth that you won`t mind throwing away.

Post Thanks / Like

mineral spirits??

I had in mind to wax the inside of my door, thats why I want to remove that ****.

If you`re going to wax, then there should be no problem with mineral spirits. It`s a very mild solvent and will leave the surface very clean to put some polish and wax back on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone tell me what is mineral spirits. I tried to google it and it came out with something call MSA (mineral spirit acrylic). I`m not if this what you guys are talking about, but they dont really say what it is. And can you give me some name and where I can find such a thing.

Second, is my AG engine cleaner can do the job. If I dont have to buy anything else, thats even better.

Thank for the replies BTW

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me what is mineral spirits. I tried to google it and it came out with something call MSA (mineral spirit acrylic). I`m not if this what you guys are talking about, but they dont really say what it is. And can you give me some name and where I can find such a thing.

Second, is my AG engine cleaner can do the job. If I dont have to buy anything else, thats even better.

Thank for the replies BTW

Mineral Spirits is a very light petroleum distillate that`s similar to kerosene but faster drying and a little more aggresive as a cleaner. You can find it at any paint or hardware store. Should come in pints and gallons. It`s used as a carrier in many automotive polishes and waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks 94BlkStang

I`ll look for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Odin Mz3,

I see your from Ontario. Go to your local Part Source store and purchase 3M Adhesive Cleaner and Wax Remover PN 08984. This is what I used to remove the rust proofing on my car. It works very well.

Thread Information