Post Thanks / Like
    Good greif can it get any thicker.

I was at a baseball game tonight and there was actually a haze the pollen was so thick.

I was going over some rubber areas on my car today with 303 and apparently i touched the paint in a few areas cause the ones that I did were caked in pollen where the ones that were still just SG the pollen came right off when i drove down the road.

Oh how i hate you pollen. :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    It has not been bad here this year compared to previous years. Guess there is a benefit to all of the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost thought I was going to have to walk on water accross the pond I was fishing at to let my windows up. I was at our Louisburg house.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been working on the Maxima the last couple of days after work (Spring detail) and honestly by the time i finish a panel the last one i did is coated with pollen, i think its gonna stay in the carport until it dies down a little. anyone know if pollen is abrasive? this picture the cleaner half i walked away from about 4 hours ago (i just took the pic) the pollenier(thats not a word!) side has been sitting since last night.

2001 Prelude TypeSH

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere I read that pollen is very abrasive. May have been in one of David`s posts or an article on BCC...

Post Thanks / Like
    It has been horrible here in north Texas. Lots of winter rain and not a whole lot of really cold temperatures make for a bumper crop of pollen. Factor in 20+ mph winds every day for the last few weeks and most of the storms have formed just east of Arlington (where I live) so no real rain to speak of to wash it out of the air until last night. Seems much better today.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel all your "pollen pain". lol I live down in San Angelo Texas and we`ve got the 2 for 1 deal going on here. Pollen and Dust! The dust down here is more like fine sand. It`s brutal!! I`m washing my truck atleast 3 times a week this spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s finally getting a little bit better........but it still sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlkTac05

I feel all your "pollen pain". lol I live down in San Angelo Texas and we`ve got the 2 for 1 deal going on here. Pollen and Dust! The dust down here is more like fine sand. It`s brutal!! I`m washing my truck atleast 3 times a week this spring.

Amen to that!:down The real bad pollen is just getting underway here in south jersey and it is brutal as well. I like the nicer weather but hate the dust and pollen :angry

Lou G

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Somewhere I read that pollen is very abrasive. May have been in one of David`s posts or an article on BCC...

More abrasive than the typical light dust? I hope it`s still safe to CCD it or else I might have to let my car get dusty until the weekly wash.
    2003.5 Desert Platinum Infiniti G35 Sedan

Biweekly Routine---Wash: Foam gun + NXT Wash (Microfibers), then topped with #16 or OCW.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try this link- Pollen
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I share your hatred for it as well. Last Saturday after washing my black Tacoma I quickly pulled it in the garage. I went inside for 2 minutes to get a drink and already there was pollen on it! I am also allergic to grass & tree pollen...so I have two reasons to hate it!!! The only good thing about it is it rinses off easy.
    VOLUNTEER1816

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about ! I hate the pollen season with a passion ! But the worst, most disgusting thing to me is when you have pollen then rain.... it looks reallty horrible ! And if you let it sit too long, it acts like some cursed weak glue on the paint ! It`s almost over for a while...
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Sig

I think it`s finally getting a little bit better........but it still sucks.

Calmed down a couple weeks ago here.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that I also hate pollen! It does make for pretty plants though! I have been taking care of it by using a CCD followed my a quick QD with adams detail spray. Hopefully it will reside soon:nixweiss

Thread Information