Post Thanks / Like
    tried claying for the first time, i was wondering how i know if my last product was removed ? can i assume that clay removes all waxes and sealants ? i had put nxt on a month prior. :nixweiss

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is your finish beading? Iâ€â„¢ve noticed that synthetics resist clay very well - EXP, FMJ, GW, and HGSG to name a few. Dish wash detergent or an auto wash/vinegar cocktail may not do the trick. Your best bet is to use a light polish. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it can.. i posted some where in this forum before.

Check if its beads or sheet, if none of that. Then most likey your LSP is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Claying did not remove my LSPs last night. I had UPPx3 + PGx3. The paint still beaded very well. I didn`t care whether the LSPs were removed or not, since the next step was GEPC on the PC. That should have cleaned it off.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clay will remove most waxes but not polymer sealants (as they form a molecular bond with the paint)a mild abrasive like clay will not break that kind of bonding.

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just depends on the LSP and how you clay. A good, durable LSP will withstand gentle claying just fine. I spot clay with every wash and it does *NOT* remove my LSP to an appreciable extent. The idea is to use the clay to *pick dirt out of the LSP*, not clean the LSP off the paint.

Even the carnauba on my wife`s car will take a *lot* of claying before it appears to suffer from it. But you gotta be *very* gentle about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water beads do NOT always mean you still have wax on your car, in fact water can bead on a car with no wax protection. Just wet down a car that has been freshly painted and buffed and see for yourself.

Water beading has more to do with surface tension. If I remember correctly it has more to do with gravity and its effects on the water (I`ll have to look for that article).

The best form of protection is that which causes the water to sheet, not only sheeting on the surface of the water, but rather a sheeting that causes the water to be "pulled" down the paint. This is why running a light flow of water across your paint as a final rinse works so well. Water seeks its own, so as it travels down your roof it gathers more water and carries itself down and drains away from the vehicle, via gravity. A water bead is just a small, yet intense, magnifying glass sitting on your car waiting for the sun

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Thread Information