Post Thanks / Like
    I just gathered it from a local forum. Unfortunately I can`t post in that forum since I lost my password, and have just deleted cookies in IE.

Anyway, the thread starter was also a pioneer member of Autopia. He mentions about the new technology in Automotive paint.

A self-healing paint which in effect resists swirls and scratches, by healing itself. Accordingly, the process is only possible in hot weather, and the German scientists behind it were still formulating the final product to heal even on cold environments.

At any rate the technology has yet to be released. Isn`t that Nanopaint also a German technology utilized by MB? So it may be possible that this "Self-Healing Paint" may be commercially released.

Now, if this is the future of automotive paint technology, will Autopians adhere to it? guess` won`t be needing our detailing products, but only the LSP`s...

What you think?:nixweiss
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a link from Bayer Scientific Research for your reference and some concrete ideas:

http://www.research.bayer.com/curren...s/page2974.htm
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Thread Information