Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys ,

I found a Turtle Waxâ„¢ Orbital waxer/Polisher that belongs to my older brother in my storage room.

I don`t have the money for a PC yet so I wanna ask the pro detailers if its `OK" for me to use this Turtle Wax model for the time being for applying my scratch removers (3M PI-SMR), Polishes (AIO), and Wax (Collinite Marque D`Elegance).

Can I possibly achieve effective results from this machine????

The model is called the Turtle Wax® 6" Waxer/Polisher. if you wanna see what it looks like here is the link with the specs.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1760582

to any pros or other experienced detailers, I humbly seek your advice if this Polisher/Waxer may harm me.

Thanx for any help at all! :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try, but the lack of pads make it harder to use. The bonnets are harder to control but you can use the foam bonnet to apply wax and the terry to polish. It will be harder. What is has in its favor is that a winpy motor gives more punch with a 6" buffer that with a 10" buffer. Be patient, as polishing will take longer than by hand.

If you want to go a step further, someone reported success by adapting a similar buffer to work with velcro pads:

Remove the foam that holds the bonnets completely. Clean the back until the plastic is foam and glue free. Then, get a 5" adapter to convert a sander to velcro (from sticking sand disks). It is usualyl found in home depot, just get by the tols section where the sanders are located. It just run at $3.95 USD or similar. Glue the velcro to the plastic and voila!, you have a polisher that can take normal velcrp pads. Buy some pads and you can polish more effectively. When you have the money to buy a PC, the pads will be used by the PC also.

The downsidwe with terry cloth is that polish dries very quickly and it can marr the paint. The foam provied is too soft to polish, but it is great to apply wax. In your case, it will help you as collinites require a thin thin layer. Good luck!

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx alot for the advice Alex!

Thread Information