Post Thanks / Like
    I have a quicky question about using the Menzerna IP/FP and the SSR 2.5/1 lines.

I have used IP before with a PC, but it got really messy so I wasn`t quite sure where I went wrong. How long am I supposed to work the product? Am I to MF the product off when it`s completely dry and dusty or should I remove it before that?

When I removed it when it was dusty, white particles from the IP went everywhere! It was more than a pain to remove in the nooks and crannys as it bonds to the paint if you don`t remove it right away. The white specks were on there so tightly that I was only able to remove it by picking it off with my figernails. QD did nothing when it was "glued" on.

Being afraid of the IP, I was thinking of going to the SSR line. When should I remove the product? When it`s dusting or again, before it goes to that point.

Also, this might contribute to my frustrations with using IP. Am I to use more than 1 pad for the whole car? After a while, my pads get really really saturated with product. Is there a way to remove the gunk in between panels? I really don`t want to buy another pad just yet.

Thanks to all for taking your time to read my rants! :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    The SSR line is much more user friendly IMO, especially with the PC. Work them until they appear almost dry and you`ll be fine. However, you are going to need more than one pad to finish a job unless you want to clean the thing 3-4 times. Do yourself a favor and order a bunch of pads, or pick them up locally; I treat pads like I do MFs, you can never have too many.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem with IP before I realised that I was using too little polish. Too little polish makes it dust prematurely by asking too little to do too much.

Use a decent amount to comfortably cover a 2x2 area, then work it slowly until it goes clear/oily looking. Don`t let it dust. Spray the surface with water/QD and wipe off with a MF.

You`ll need to change or clean your pad well every couple of panels.

Sometimes it helps to spritz your pad several times per panel to prevent polish drying and dusting, and reduce polish load-up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses guys! So as I understand it, work it until there is just a slight haze, then wipe off with a MF? For the PC speed, should I just start at 4 until I work the product evenly then proceed to a max of 6 to break it down?

What are your techniques to cleaning the pad? Should I take a hose and rinse off all the product then get the water out by shaking it with the PC at a high speed?

Thanks!

Thread Information