Post Thanks / Like
    I just order the clearkote killer combo. I read so many posts about this combo on black, that I decided to try it.:grinno: Ill be putting it on my 2001 honda civic with black pearl paint.

Questions:

VM> What speed to apply, how much to put on pad, how long to work it, and do I let it dry to haze?

VM> Do I do the same for glass? How to apply on trim?

CMW> What speed to apply, how much to put on pad, how long to work it, and do I let it dry to haze?

I thought I read somewhere that you apply the CMW to one section, remove, then do another section. But not sure.:nixweiss

Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks, Ronnie

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have that combo and its nice on black paints. One recommendation though, make sure you do proper swirl removing before you use this combo. VM does clean up light swirls and oxidation, but if your swirls are bad, you should try something a little more abrasive.

I usually work VM in with a polishing pad on around 5.5-6. Work it in till its broken down. I believe you would follow the same procedure for VM on glass. I usually apply CMW by hand, but its a personal prefence for me to apply ALL my LSPs by hand. I would think CMW should be applied at 3-4. Use a little bit with CMW it goes a long way. My first time using CMW I let it haze, and removing it was pretty hard. It could have been due to the sun and high humidity though. I now just apply one panel at a time then remove and its fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    How will I know when it`s broken down. Just work it until just a light haze/film remains?

Ill be claying, then ill use 1zpp to remove some of my swirls. I bought the VM not for the polishing, but for the look that it`s suppose to give under CMW Instead of using sonus pwc after 1zpp, can I use the VM instead? I figure I can, but just making sure.

Thanks for the reply :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Per Scottwax`s recommendations I used VM today with a LC polishing pad at a speed of 6. The VM left my finish super smooth and ready for my LSP...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of doing a combo like this, but adding the RMG after the VM. I believe that the RMG is more of a "real glaze" and I will top it of with FMJ or wolfgang.... What do you think?
    Jason-

In search of the Ultimate "Swirl Free " Finish

Post Thanks / Like
    I used VM and CMW yesterday, both on finishing pads. I applied the VM think on speed 4 and worked it until it just lost it`s "glazed" look - i.e. it was nearly dry. The CMW got applied in the same way and left until I had covered the whole car. I then went round and buffed off which was easy as I`d applied it so thin.

The only thing I found difficult though was only using 0.5-1oz of CMW for a whole car like it says on the side of the bottle. It may be possible by hand but no way can you do it with a PC - the pads just absorb way too much!

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BenP

I used VM and CMW yesterday, both on finishing pads. I applied the VM think on speed 4 and worked it until it just lost it`s "glazed" look - i.e. it was nearly dry. The CMW got applied in the same way and left until I had covered the whole car. I then went round and buffed off which was easy as I`d applied it so thin.

The only thing I found difficult though was only using 0.5-1oz of CMW for a whole car like it says on the side of the bottle. It may be possible by hand but no way can you do it with a PC - the pads just absorb way too much!

Ben

How did he come out?

Next time try spritzing your pad with QD.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NHBFAN

How did he come out?

Next time try spritzing your pad with QD.
    I spritzed the pad with distilled water before applying the VM etc.

To see the results take a look at my thread in Click and Brag here

Ben

Thread Information