Post Thanks / Like
    Since the weather seems to have finally broken here in the midwest I am about to embark on my first season of detailing. :bounce

Hopefully by the end of the summer I might even be makin` a little side $$$ but we`ll see.

From doing a lot of reading through these forums and reading David`s e-book I think I have a good grasp of the basics and a general idea of what my basic process should be. My question has to do w/ the use of AIO which I am anxious to try.

I`ve read here that a few people have been disappointed w/ AIO as a post polish step ( say like after one of the SSR`s or Meg`s polishes ) because it actually seemed to highlight what ever swirls and imperfections were still left in the paint. Other people responded to this by saying that even though AIO is marketed as a polish it`s really more of a paint cleaner that can remove fillers, etc. and therefore cause more of the imperfections to show up at the end of a detail! :shocked

So my question is, would it possibly be more beneficial to use AIO as after claying as a polishing pre-cleaner step and then let the true polishes do their thing so you know exactly what you`re dealing w/? This way there are no unpleasent surprises at the end and you can move straight to your LSP.

I`m thinkin` my process would be something like this:

Wash - NXT Wash

Clay - Clay Magic

Polishing via PC:

Polish / Cleaner - AIO

Polish - SSR 2.5 / 2 / 1

LSP via PC or hand:

SG

EX/EX-P

Just wonderin` had anyone tried it this way or what people thought of this process?

Thanx!
    www.stlmustangs.com <--- Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always used AIO after SSR range but then I put VM over the top of that and then the basecoat of sealant

Process I did recently

Shampoo & Paint decontamination (clay magic)

Cutting compound or paint cleanser

Poorboys SSR 2.5, 2, 1

Sonus SFX 3 or Menzerna FP, Dinitrol 7020, Autoglym 01B (depends on each car)

AIO

VM

SG x 4

UPP x 2

WG x 1

Chocolate moose wax or P21S
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing with AIO that I enjoy is that it offers some extra protection from the elements AND cleans the paint. It looks like to me REX that you will do a fine job with the SSR`s so you will not need to worry about the swirls "reappearing". I have never had that problem with AIO. Im guessing that the people that do have that problem are using fillers to hide the swirls and then using AIO to clean the fillers from the vehicle:nixweiss :nixweiss

The other problem with using AIO first is the SSR`s you are going to use will remove the AIO(and the protection) you just put on.

Just have faith that the true polishes you are going to use will do a great job(with a little help from you of course:xyxthumbs )and then AIO for a "ready for LSP" paintjob.
    Gary

Thread Information