Applicator pads

New 7" cutting pad.

Plenty of mf towels

We need to get still:

2 more extension cords, High quality mf towels for exterior

Power invertor (watts?0

Questions:

Is there anything I am missing?

WHen doing a mobile detailing do you use there water/electricity or just use QEW?

I live in an apartment building so I prefer being mobile.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jake St. Croix

Spit Shine Detailing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont see too much for the interrior?? but i would say probably a wider range of pads for the PC, i think i see some clay in there but if not definately a clay kit.

to be 100% mobile u bring everything and are dependant only on yourself

it just depends on the job and what kinda money u want to put into it

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you suggest for interior products? What am I missing? How many more pads should I pick up?> Also clay bars are 30 bucks for 1, anywhere cheaper/

Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    So what do people do about water and electricity for mobile detailing? I live in an apartment with underground wash bay, however management would get mad if they seen me detailing like 4 cars a week there and my thought was to go mobile. Thanks for the help guys

Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you`re going to have to do a ton of reasearch and reading to learn about what you`ll need, let alone how to start up a small business. Folks here aren`t going to post individual responses because your questions are so vast.

Also how "good" are you at detailing? Proper surface preparation, pad / polish combinations, proper washing / drying / applicator tools, etc...

So I recommend a few links to read and learn from. Hope they help. Good luck.

http://autopia.org/kb/index.php?page..._v2&id=11&c=17

http://www.rightlook.com/index.asp?P...S&Category=133

http://www.rightlook.com/index.asp?P...TS&Category=38

http://www.topoftheline.com/prodetpac.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Spilchy, have you ever used any of the rightlook training, either their classroom training or video training? Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    A business plan helps alot! (if you don`t already have one of course)

Do some searches around the site there is alot of information to be taken in on this topic as well as products. I would also suggest insurance for when you accidently get some dressing on teh steering wheel and the person crashes and tries to sue you for a million dollars (far out but anything could happen now days).

1. Research

2. Business Plan

3. Insurance

The search button at the top of your screen will expose you to a wide variety of topics and answers by some very knowledgeable folks here around the site.

I personally use the customers electricity if I am at a residence to keep the noise down. As far as water I sometimes use theirs but usually use what I`ve got on the trailer in the water tank. If I`m not in a neighbor hood I use my generator (5500 watts).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by big 1

So what do people do about water and electricity for mobile detailing? I live in an apartment with underground wash bay, however management would get mad if they seen me detailing like 4 cars a week there and my thought was to go mobile. Thanks for the help guys

Jake

If you are only going to offer your services to the folks at your apartment complex I would talk to the `management` to try and work something out to use the wash bay, but I`m sure they would not go for bringing outsiders cars in to do there. But as an added convience to the folks who live there they may go for letting you detail the cars of the folks of the apartment complex (possibly for a small fee). But you never know until you ask or try and work something out. I don`t really know what your target market as since you haven`t posted it, but just some thoughts!

Take care

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fryebaby

Spilchy, have you ever used any of the rightlook training, either their classroom training or video training? Wes

:nixweiss sorry no I haven`t. Just looks like a program someone who wants to get started can benefit from or atlest use for reference.

Post Thanks / Like
    how much did everything cost you? how much will it cost for you for each vehicle? how much will you charge?

plus dont forget about taxes, traveling expenses (gas), and licensing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another good resource for you to get started: http://www.topoftheline.com/sectosucdetb.html

It`s a repeat link, but can answer many of your product/supply questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d get more pads, a quality sealant (Poorboy`s, 4 Star, Wolfgang, etc) and a good paste carnauba. Quality products people can`t just go into a store and buy give you an edge. Even though there are some truly excellent OTC products like Mothers and Meguiars, customers aren`t going to expect you to use the same stuff they can get at Autozone.

I`d also get some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for door sills, door panels and other vinyl. Cleans quickly and will save you time.

Definitely look into insurance.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    You certainly can use QEW, just finish it with a paint cleaner. Detailplus has the cheapest clay at 10 bucks per 8 oz bar, but you are going to have email the internet sales staff because it is off and on the website. another site sells big bars for 17. But both require quantity.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Thread Information