Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

This is speecially directed at PC owners/users.

WOuld you say that polishing and applying polishes & sealants via PC is "significantly" FASTER as well as gives better results versus "By-Hand application"?

I mean whats the polishing time for, lets say, AIO via PC versus AIO `By-Hand"?

Is it really that much of a difference or does it just save a heck of time? :nixweiss

A PC costs alot of money (at least for me), so I`m thinking there must be something really great about this thing.

Please give me asome Insight on this. Much thanx.

Post Thanks / Like
    May or may not be faster for applying LSPs, but that`s isn`t it`s real purpose. The PC will remove surface imperfections such as swirls, spider-webbing and fine scratches. This would be extremely difficult, even impossible in some cases, woithout the PC. Scottwax has basically proven that he can apply a coat of wax/sealant by hand faster than a PC, be he`s the exception. I do it both ways, depending on the specific situation. Most of the time it`s easier for me to apply wax and LSPs by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    "polishing time" with AIO doesn`t really make sense. AIO isn`t considered a polish by me, since I`ve never seen it reduce any swirls. I just consider it a paint cleaner.

AIO by PC is very similar to AIO by hand.

When you`re removing swirls, a PC will definitely make the process much easier and faster.

I still prefer applying paste waxes by hand over PC.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    A PC is not really faster than by hand but it polishes more deeply and evenly.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    for polishing, i would say a PC is better. 1) it doesn`t get tired, unless your scottwax 2) it is better at removing some surface defects like swirls; and 3) it just may be me, but i noticed polishing by PC seems to make the paint brighter/shinier than by hand. again that may just be because i didn`t have the stamina and strength.

for sealants, i think it doesn`t really matter too much, they both take about the same time. one benefit applying sealants by hand is you can get into tight places that is hard to do with a PC.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the PC is actually slower than working by hand, however I find it more effective and allows me to "work" the product far better.

I do all my LSP work by hand at present, tomorrow will be my first attempt at using a PC at this stage of the process.

HTH

Cheers

Dave.

Thread Information