Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t it ironic ...

Those who tell you "you are going to wear the paint off that car" are driving cars that the paint is falling off?.

When I am washing a car and someone drives up and says "mine next", I will squirt their car with the hose, when they say ""what the ****", I reply "you did say you were next!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo0903

When I am washing a car and someone drives up and says "mine next", I will squirt their car with the hose, when they say ""what the ****", I reply "you did say you were next!"

:lol

I had a neighbor walk past the other day with her young son on his new electric Harley-Davidson kid`s bike. Apparently she wants my to shine up the mini-harley! haha

She also took my business card and mentioned having her Explorer detailed, and possibly her husband`s truck.

I`m hoping my neighbors at my new apartment (moving in exactly one month - transferring colleges) will see me out working on my car and inquire about having me work on theirs. Both of the cars that I saw outside the garages were quite clean. I think I may have moved into the right building!
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a busy street and don`t have my own driveway, I`ve found that usually the day after I`ve `gone all out` someone keyed my car so I now only do QD and interiors in front of my house and take the car to my parents` as they only live a few blocks away, have their own driveway, hoses and the coffee ready when I`ve finished cleaning the wheels

Most of the neighbors know me from since I was a kid, and so they know I`m a `bit` car-crazy (like my father) and are generally nice. Sometimes they even ask for advice which I don`t mind giving. Quite a few of `the paints going to come off` and `mine next`-s aswell, but all in a friendly matter.

The only nasty responses I get is from the neighbors directly next door. They`ve moved in a year or two back and are the kind of people who seem to be obsessed with property, wealth and all that. They cannot talk about anything without mentioning the pricetag and they have everything (house, garden, dogs, etc.) done by `professionals`. Preferably ones with really big vans with really big company logos.

So, they can`t stand me and my family who basically give a rat`s *ss about what they do, and do most work on the house, cars, etc. by themselves because they don`t care too much about money and so never have enough to get someone to do it

And so, whenever I`m working on my 20 year old BMW they usually make comments how OLD and what a piece of crap it is. For some reason it really upsets them, dunno why, maybe it`s because they can never have fun unless it`s expensive (maybe I should show them my bills of the autosupply store... ) .

Admittedly, the BMW is old and also has lots of small dents (hell, I should know, I probably know every inch of paint on the car by heart), but I see it as my `guinea pig` - once I get something really nice I at least know perfectly well how to take car of it.

But okay, the fun part of all this is that (due to my shiny old dented BMW) a few more fortunate friends lend their cars to me once in a while (basic deal is: I detail them and I get to drive `m in return), so about every other time I get there I`m driving a new BMW, Merc, 911 or the like - by the looks of them it seems to completely freak them out - but they never make a comment when I`ve got one of those with me! Hehe, I love those weekends

Weird people..

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting story Rickk.

People like that get off when they know they have crossed into someone elses boundries, and no one calls them on it.

You have to stop people in their tracs when they intrude metally, physically, or emotionally in your space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo0903
    Isn`t it ironic ...

Those who tell you "you are going to wear the paint off that car" are driving cars that the paint is falling off?.

My neighboor sees me doing it and says I am gonna wax the paint right off my car. Sad thing he has a red 67 Corvette that is incredibly swirled and he refuses to let anyone touch it. But guess who he calls when his wife uses a scotch-brite pad to scrub off bugs?

Post Thanks / Like
    rickk, I like your family! :xyxthumbs

PC.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBM
    Interesting story Rickk.

People like that get off when they know they have crossed into someone elses boundries, and no one calls them on it.

You have to stop people in their tracs when they intrude metally, physically, or emotionally in your space.

Agreed 100%. One time while they`re putting down your older car, just ask them "How is what I am doing with MY CAR, let alone what car I`m driving, having any effect on you whatsoever?"

:tribe:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, to quote my mother, father and uncle, "those that have it don`t care, those who don`t want everyone to think that they do." Odds are that the neighbor are up to their eyeballs in debt!
    2004 Lexus LS 430 Ultra Lux Crystal White/Ivory

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD, NAV, ML, DVD Crystal White/Ivory

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT, Laser Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    my neighbor always goes "you wash ya car everyday huh" i say welp i gotta rotation going on.. then my next door neighbor says "hey how much do you charge" in a joking matter and i say back in a firm voice "more than you can afford".. hahah then he looks away gets in his civic and drives away ahahahhahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBM
    Interesting story Rickk.

Thanks (all).. I think you`re right, at least THEY seem overly obsessed with their boundaries.. you know, complaining when one of our cars sticks out 2 inches in front of their driveway _on the public road_, fuss about trees that are not perfectly cut off above their property (and send _letters_ to tell you about this ), and so on.. The other day he was trying to drive into my car just because he had the right of way (I was U-turning to his side of the road, somewhere, and tought I could make it, not knowing he`d step on the gas to try and ram me full-force).

But we don`t mind too much, most of the time they give us good laughs, like when they`re in the garden shouting "OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN WE HAVE. IT SURE WAS EXPENSIVE, BUT I THINK IT`S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GARDEN IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD! Or when you inform them that you`ll give a party so they can expect some noise that they`ll say "Oh, no problem, we won`t hear it, because we`ve got a BANG & OLUFSEN sound system".

And in the end they make their own life miserable this way, I can`t recall a single time I`ve seen or heard them laughing.

But we`re drifting OT here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickk
    "Oh, no problem, we won`t hear it, because we`ve got a BANG & OLUFSEN sound system".

Whoah, dude. I have an Aunt just like that. It`s a freaking disease.

Anyway, I do a lot of my detailing at night (long hours, hard water, lots of sun), so they all already think I`m nuts. Anyway, I spent about 40 hours on my wife`s 97 Tbird and this couple with a black Tbird that looks like poop, even worse than my wife`s did, walks by:

Her: WHAT is he DOING?

Him: I think he`s.. waxing his...wheels???

what I wanted to say: "Nope smart guy, I`m waxing my wife`s wheels. Maybe I should wax your wife`s next, looks like she could use it."

But I didn`t. I`m a real nice guy in real life, but a complete @-hole in my imagination.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually get the comment "You`ll wear that paint out", now seeing as my car which is a Smart is half plastic, it seems quite funny.

I also get "ooo, you can do mine after". I`m gonna have to do what other people have done, get some business cards made up...

Post Thanks / Like
    My mailman walked by last week as I was detailing the black Jag, and he said "holy cow! That looks awesome!" (he`s seen me detailing lots of vehicles in my driveway). Of course then he took one of my cards and told me that he`ll talk to me again next time he sees me, about detailing his Buick Riviera.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great Paul, the proof really is in the pudding

Post Thanks / Like
    I get the usual "yout going to wear the paint off", "it`s a pos don`t waste your time", "damn that a 1993" , "it looks new", "looks awesome, how do u keep it so clean" etc... usually better comments then it`s garbage. Some people are jealous that they drive an old gm from the 80`s with the paint falling off :LOLOL
    Got Boost?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information