Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the neighbors that come up at night time (Why does it seem I can never finish in the daylight) and say, "You know it`s nightime. You`re crazy." I always want to say, "Really? No sh**! No wonder I can`t see!"

You guys complain about people saying "I`m next!" I see it as a business opportunity. I end up talking to them about detailing their car and sometimes it works. Word of mouth and an example right in front of them is really a great way of advertising.
    My hands bead more than most cars...and I`d have it no other way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

She responded with "well you keep practicing, maybe when you get good enough with practice we`ll let you..."

I basically lost it at this point and was like "listen lady, I am a damn professional detailer with more experience than you and your turtle wax bottle will ever have, so if you want your pathetic, dirt-encrusted piece of crap done, you better have your wallet ready. I have a portfolio of customer details I`ve done over the course of YEARS in the trade. Get good with practice my virtually non-existant pasty white @ss! You must be blind if you can`t see the quality of workmanship that went into this vehicle!"

That one SERIOUSLY got me. :angry

I run a business and Rule #1 is that I don`t do business with my neighbors. You are better off not getting involved.

I`m really glad my neighbors ignore me when I`m cleaning my car. Yesterday I was pulling the wheels off, cleaning the wheelwells and the insides of the wheels and people walked by and not a word. I avoid eye contact and they are probably used to seeing me picking at my cars anyway so it`s just SOP in my driveway.

Not long ago I was outside washing my SUV with the wireless headphones on. I`ll bet that was quite a sight.

As for it getting dark before I`m finished. That happens a lot too. More than once I`ve had to finish under the glow of a droplight.

Post Thanks / Like
    "what do you need 2 buckets for?"
    Eric

Arrest-Me-Red 93 TA

Aim: ShortyD43

Post Thanks / Like
    The one I get a lot from neighbors is "You`re gonna cause a drought from washing your cars so much." I always reply politely with "maybe - but my cars will look good`

Another I get a lot is "you`re crazy" when I`m spraying/degreasing underneath the car, polishing the exhaust or detailing the engine bay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlkTac05

"I don`t "clean" my truck............I *DETAIL* my truck!"

"You know you`re an Autopian when you DETAIL your car/truck....not clean your car/truck"

Happy Detailing!!!

I have to learn this one :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...this thread is still going ?

...so how`s everyone`s shrine doing ?

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbors saw me scrubbing my intake manifold with an old toothbrush the other day. I didn`t get any remarks...just a weird look.

(BTW I was cleaning it because the NXT Tech Protectant that I was using on my hoses got on part of my manifold and caused some discoloration. The toothbrush + Meg`s APC cleaned it up well.)
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a good one the other day from a neighbor walking by. Aside from the usual "mine`s next/mine`s the black one around the corner" I got a new one . . .

Neighbor: "I heard about the Engagement, Congrats. Did you guys decide on a date yet?"

Me: "huh? I didnt propose to Jess (the girlfriend) or anything. Where did you hear that"

Neighbor: "No no, you and the car. You spend more time with that than you do with her".
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Neighbors had a few comments yesterday, I removed the wheels to check the brakes and rotate the tires. While I had them off I scrubbed the inside of the wheels and applied sealer all around and dressed the rubber. Also cleaned up the engine compartment. As I was washing the underside of the hood I had to stop and laugh, you know your addicted when the UNDERSIDE of your hood and the BACK of your wheels bead water better than most people`s painted surfaces!

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MS22

I got a good one the other day from a neighbor walking by. Aside from the usual "mine`s next/mine`s the black one around the corner" I got a new one . . .

Neighbor: "I heard about the Engagement, Congrats. Did you guys decide on a date yet?"

Me: "huh? I didnt propose to Jess (the girlfriend) or anything. Where did you hear that"

Neighbor: "No no, you and the car. You spend more time with that than you do with her".

response: "Butt out, jerk! You know nothing of what I do with the rest of my time!"

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told the other day, "you better be careful, you might wash the paint right off"

They are an older couple that always goes for a walk in the mornings, which is when I wash my vehicles. They are very nice and always have a smart remark, but all in good fun!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    After watching me, I now detail 4 neighbors cars! It`s great, I wake up on the weekend, their car is in my driveway and the key is in the mail slot :xyxthumbs

I get compliments and smiles, not jokes or sarcasm.

I have neighbors with their own addictions like lawn work, flowers, gardens, etc...

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

After watching me, I now detail 4 neighbors cars! It`s great, I wake up on the weekend, their car is in my driveway and the key is in the mail slot :xyxthumbs

I get compliments and smiles, not jokes or sarcasm.

I have neighbors with their own addictions like lawn work, flowers, gardens, etc...

I`ll trade neighborhoods with you

not really, j/k I love my situation; just those few that need to be taken out back and shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbors now ask me to detail their cars !!!

Now if they could only keep their kids in check (i.e. play soccer on the soccer field not in the parking lot).

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbour asked me " what are cleaning your car with?"

I replied " clay of course!"

I thought she was going to call the men in white coats!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information