Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you wipe your butt, your gonna poop tomorrow. LOL. Love that one! I`m gonna have to use that on one of my neighbors.

Yeah I get the usual, "Its gonna get dirty again", "Its gonna rain tomorrow", "Do mine next". Why can they just mind their own business? It really annoys me. Guess they are just jealous that they have dirty cars and mine is the cleanest on the block.

One time I just started washing my truck. Then my neighbors friend says"Trucks really dirty". I was like "Yeah no s#$t! why do you think I`m cleaning it?" He`s right that it was dirty since I couldn`t wash the truck all winter but damn I wish he could just understand why I do what I do. I`m really sensitive so stuff like that just annoys me! I`ll use the wipe your butt line next time!
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing is, I`ll bet if you were outside in the yard everyday mowing your lawn or clipping the shrubbery no one would say a word.

I guess it`s just not socially acceptable to clean your car.

I like the "wipe your butt" line too. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the country when most people think that auto detailing is only for expensive cars, and you cannot do it by yourself and have to go to the "car saloon" (detailing shop).

So people ask some question when I am doing my car, but overall I reply it with a smile

Mostly the question are like:

Comment=" Is that the the way that they are doing in the car saloon also?"

A=" No, ( smile) my way is better"

C= " You dont have to wash it , it gonna get dirty again"

A= " You dont have to eat, you`ll be hungry again"

C= " Your lucky, my car is a daily driven"

A= " (big smile) "Mine too"

C= "Mine Next"

A= Smile

But there is a guy who always said "mine next" thing over and over, so one day I said "Ok, bring your car here". Actually he did ( and the car is way to oxydized, later I know his car is metalic black when I thought it is just plain black)

So I do his hood then I said " Ok I am done". He look at me with amusement and said "Why?" I said " I do my part, and you can do the rest if you like (with a big grin). The guy mad at me first and he do the roof ( with my rotary, and he never even touch one!) after he do half of his he said " wow this is much harder than I thought, you are actually good at cleaning your car" after that we laughed and I do the rest of his. It is turn out to be good, as he is good with the machine and he do some major tune up to my car for free. We call it even then.

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbours are always impressed that I`m "waxing" my car. Sometimes I explain about cleaners and polishes, but I`ve learned to not show them a clay bar... it`s just beyond their comprehension.

They mean well, though, and periodically offer me half full bottles of the waxes they know they`re never going to use again. Anybody want samples of Turtle Wax? Or Elastiglaze?
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were invited to a party at one of the neighbors soon after we moved in. Whenever I explained which I house I lived in, they would say "You`re the guy out there always washing his car." I guess the reputation started early.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess none of my neighbors are really cocky with comments like "it`s gonna rain anyway." In fact, most of them are very interested in it, like the family across the street (who we`re friends with anyway) the mom came over and said it looked very nice and glossy, then told me that someone at work wanted it done. I gave her a flyer I made up and then she wanted to know more, so I gladly gave her the whole schpeel.

Of course, the "why don`t you come over here and do mine next" are frequent. I just hand them a flyer and say "my website address is at the bottom of the page if you`d like more information."

Another old man was riding his bike, kinda slowly. He turned around, pulled into my driveway (dangerously close to the vehicle, I might add), picked up a little wrapper that had just blown onto our lawn (at this point I thought there might have been something wrong with him), and he finally asked if I`d like to "do his windshield." I was like *** to myself, you don`t even have a windshield and if you did, why just the windshield? :nervous:

I guess the fact that everyone has a heavy Wisconsin accent around here is the worst, like "oh, you can get everything out with dthat clay der?"

Peace out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carl`s neighbors are too busy screaming at each other to notice the cars.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    " You know you`re an Autopian when......"

I`m at the Landramat the other day. While my clothes are in the washer and dryer, I always kill time by detailing the interior of my truck. With 1Z & 303 in hand......A lady comes up to me and says....... "That`s the cleanest black truck I`ve ever seen. My SUV`s black and I can never keep it clean. How often do you clean your truck?" So I put down my MF on the frot seat and say to her........"I don`t "clean" my truck............I *DETAIL* my truck!"

"You know you`re an Autopian when you DETAIL your car/truck....not clean your car/truck"

Happy Detailing!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pigeonbus

Peace out.

Just kidding Karp.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many times have you heard this from your neighbors........

"You`re gonna rub the paint off that thing one of these days"....

To all who`ve said this..................**RUB THIS!!**

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pigeonbus

I guess none of my neighbors are really cocky with comments like "it`s gonna rain anyway." In fact, most of them are very interested in it, like the family across the street (who we`re friends with anyway) the mom came over and said it looked very nice and glossy, then told me that someone at work wanted it done. I gave her a flyer I made up and then she wanted to know more, so I gladly gave her the whole schpeel.

Of course, the "why don`t you come over here and do mine next" are frequent. I just hand them a flyer and say "my website address is at the bottom of the page if you`d like more information."

Another old man was riding his bike, kinda slowly. He turned around, pulled into my driveway (dangerously close to the vehicle, I might add), picked up a little wrapper that had just blown onto our lawn (at this point I thought there might have been something wrong with him), and he finally asked if I`d like to "do his windshield." I was like *** to myself, you don`t even have a windshield and if you did, why just the windshield? :nervous:

I guess the fact that everyone has a heavy Wisconsin accent around here is the worst, like "oh, you can get everything out with dthat clay der?"

Peace out.

Over here in MI, we call that "YOOPER!!" speak!

I had a real gem the other day. I`m wiping down the door jambs of the envoy after washing it, and an older couple comes walking by. They stop and say "hey is mine next" -- I said "well maybe... what do you want done?" the lady is like "naw, we`re just kidding"

I said "Well just so you know I do detail for other people, so if you want to schedule something just let me know."

She responded with "well you keep practicing, maybe when you get good enough with practice we`ll let you..."

I basically lost it at this point and was like "listen lady, I am a damn professional detailer with more experience than you and your turtle wax bottle will ever have, so if you want your pathetic, dirt-encrusted piece of crap done, you better have your wallet ready. I have a portfolio of customer details I`ve done over the course of YEARS in the trade. Get good with practice my virtually non-existant pasty white @ss! You must be blind if you can`t see the quality of workmanship that went into this vehicle!"

That one SERIOUSLY got me. :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what MongooseGA said !

:hide:

Post Thanks / Like
    I "practice" twice a week!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I get a lot of "Do mine next."

"Looks great"

"Didn`t you wash it already?"

"Are you gonna wash it again?"

"What are you doing? *Jacks up the car to clean wheelwall*"

I sometimes prefer not to have anybody come out when I wash since I`m the one who looks like an idiot.
    Mine: Camry LE & Sienna XLE LTD. Sister: Sienna LE & IS300. Brother: Tundra, 4Runner, & Celica. In-laws: Avalon LTD & GS300. Sister-in-law: LS430 & SC430. My own parents: ES300. The CarsFreak Family- Powered by Toyota.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information