Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kevmo327

What I can`t stand is the annoying "my car is next" that I will get from at least one neighbor everytime I am detailing and it is usually the ones with the filthy POS cars

Oh, I can`t remember how many times I`ve gotten that one! Another popular one in Seattle was: "why are you washing your car? It`s just gonna rain tomorrow."

People just don`t understand.
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have one neighbor who always says, "mine next". I always tell him to "park it right here".

He hasn`t taken me up on it yet.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kevmo327

What I can`t stand is the annoying "my car is next" that I will get from at least one neighbor everytime I am detailing and it is usually the ones with the filthy POS cars

I get this line all the time. At first I would just give that stupid half smile and say something nice. Now I just tell them to start washing their own car themselves.

I also get many comments about waxing too much will take the paint off. I am tired of explaining how wax actually protects the paint, not harm it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha...the "You know it`s going to rain tomorrow right???" one gets me every time...I always make sure to put a stack of business cards in my pocket before doing any work outside and if the "Me next" comment comes up I give them a card, smile and reply "If you`d like".

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    i take pride in maintaining the appearance of my vehicle (in & out) and it makes me feel good that i have the cleanest looking car on the block. several of my neighbors have gotten new cars, and they`re already marred/scratched (i jog around the neighborhood and notice) and not well taken care of, and i have had my car way longer! :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to hear something sick but had always been my dream situation as a clean car nut? My detailing garage (3 car separate garage in back)is in the basement of our house and directly underneath the master bedroom. I can literally roll out of bed and detail at any hour of the night and detail to my little heart`s desire, except SUV, without neighbor interference or comments. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! it feels good to know I am not alone with all the comments I recieve as well, most of the ones I hear have already been posted too...

"Mines the (insert color) car around the corner, wanna do it next?"

"You are just going to make it rain tomorrow"

"Washing too much isn`t good for the car"

"Washing with a hose and mit is going to scratch the paint"

But then you get some of the more curious neighbours who like to stop and talk and see what your doing and the techniques you use. Those people I don`t mind to much

Post Thanks / Like
    Several days ago I was (in my car) and heading out for a luncheon for a coworker, when I encountered three other folks from the office headed in the same direction.

Rather than them taking another car or cars they hopped in my car, a `97 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 55,000 miles on it that is no longer garaged as it is down in the pecking order of the family cars.

Based upon regular treatments of Lexol on the leather and Aerospace 303 on the vinyl , the interior looked almost like a new car. There was a leather smell thanks to Griot`s leather scent and the carpet looked great thanks to my use of Catch-All carpet mats.

Without virtually ANY real work the interior did look like a new or current year car.

This , of course, prompted the question: did you jusyt get this car?

They were amazed when I said it was six years ago. Its not very hard when you know what products to use.

Thank you for this forum and the folks who contribute with excellent advice. Over the years this has been a really excellent resource for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AudiOn19s

Ha...the "You know it`s going to rain tomorrow right???" one gets me every time.

Andy

I will never forget a quote I read from Holland_Patrick, it is the perfect answer to this, or the famous remark "You know it`s just going to get dirty again." It was something along these lines....

"When you take a crap do you not proceed to not wipe your *** b/c you know it`s going to get dirty in the near future??"

Touche.....LMAO
    Steve Mullin

87 GN - Black - Pinnacle Souveran

84 GN - Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey neighbor. I`m in Lake Forest Park, myself.

I get the `Me next` comment quite a bit since I live in a condo. My usual response is `This one keeps me busy enough!` and `I know of a local shop that will do it for around $125`.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as getting comments from people not in the Know, (be in a target rich environment.) they are All over shadowed by the double takes, sincere smiles, nice compliments, etc., from complete strangers who have an eye for beauty.

"Great Spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds." ~Albert Einstein

~Soarer V
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I detail in my garage, so people dont know what all the noise is.

But my friend just dumped over 40k on a pickup, and another 14k for a lift kit and tires.

I asked him if he needed me to put a coat of "wax(generic term for dummies)" on it.

He said no way man, its brand new, doesnt need it.

So, he pops by my house, and looks at my car. He gets it to reflect directly into the sun, and turns his head quick, cause the sun blinded him.....

UPP x2 for ya

I only offer one time, then people have to beg me

I only wanted to play with his truck for some sick pics,sweetest truck i have seen in a while

Post Thanks / Like
    A few of my faves have been

1. "With all the stuff you buy how can you afford gas???"

2. "Did you just have that painted?"

3. When I was crouched down polishing wheels "Your gonna get stuck like that."

4. "I have a friend that details cars, he doesn`t use anything like the stuff you have, want his number?"

5. The best of all was this one neighbor I had I`m outside and they go "your car hurt a cat earlier" I was like How I`ve been home all day, they said "yeah I konw, it tried to jump on the hood and slid off!!!"

Has anyone actually had someone follow up on the "I`m next" line?
    If other drivers don`t swerve when they see the shine of your car, your not done yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh I forgot one good one and I am sure most have to

The dreaded

"YOU MISSED A SPOT!!!"

everytime that is a guaranteed comment

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fireberd350

I will never forget a quote I read from Holland_Patrick, it is the perfect answer to this, or the famous remark "You know it`s just going to get dirty again." It was something along these lines....

"When you take a crap do you not proceed to not wipe your *** b/c you know it`s going to get dirty in the near future??"

Touche.....LMAO

Haha, thats similiar to my reply....

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information