Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grt1today
    SK2003TypeS, you sound like you`ve done that one before... Which MC Hammer song were you blasting? "Can`t Touchless"
    I got a good laught out of that one :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    "you`ve been cleaning that car for hours!"

Reply:

(to males) "Ask you wife how long I last in the sack"

(to females) "I last longer in bed too" (has resulted in a clean vehicle AND clean er, pipes)

Post Thanks / Like
    I get some looks when I`m washing in snow, and trying to dry as ice begins to glaze on the surface. I`m glad they are no longer watching when I fall on the new ice I created! And it does happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a neighbor that always sees me out there when he`s walking his dog. He always says that you could eat off my car cause it`s so clean. The other day he changed it up and said that you could do surgery on it and then proceeded to wipe his greasy finger prints on my spoiler! Aaaagh!

Post Thanks / Like
    If my neighbor asks me for the fourth time in a row if I would do his next, I will take a piece of sandpaper and rub it on his truck. At least he could change his smart alec response a little by now. By the way, why does he ask me when his truck is always clean? He must go to one of those car detailing places all the time cuz i never see him wash his truck. I don`t think he has passed the level of the "average" owner since the nice black truck of his is buidling up the swirls pretty nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just reading through this thread and really can`t understand why so many are so sensitive.

Neighbors are just being friendly when they rib or raz you about your obsession - lighten up guys!

Everytime the cleaning guy at work is doing windows I point to an imaginary spot he missed - hey knows I`m just bustin his chops and we both laugh as he tells me to get back to work!

So you have OCD and some folks are gonna comment - get over it.

My wife told her mother I had been working on the cars every weekend since I got the new one. She asked when I might do hers. I spent 8 hours on it one saturday and it turned out really good. So good that in the following days, she showed off her car to all her neighbors about how I made her 9 year old car look brand new again!

Okay, as to neighbors - not so much of a problem as I live in the country. But it is a busy road and one time I did get several looks and double takes when I was using the leaf blower on the car. Like the passenger exclaiming to the driver "DID YOU SEE THAT?" I suppose it does look strange.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think most people are giving a hidden compliment however based on the amount of $$$ spent and amount of products some of you guys have I wouldn`t show your product collection to any neighbors-they might think you`ve really gone off the deep end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmo327
    What I can`t stand is the annoying "my car is next" that I will get from at least one neighbor everytime I am detailing.

every...single...time...

or

"oooh that looks really good" (when all theyve seen is the side of the car I haven`t touched...come on if you don`t mean it, don`t say it.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m out the front cleaning my two Supras, a neighbour walks by with his wife.

Neighbour "Will you do mine next?"

Me "Yeah if you got one"

Neighbours wife "What a stupid question!"

Still can`t work out if she was refering to my statement or his question :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsnik
    I`m out the front cleaning my two Supras, a neighbour walks by with his wife.

Neighbour "Will you do mine next?"

Me "Yeah if you got one"

Neighbours wife "What a stupid question!"

Still can`t work out if she was refering to my statement or his question :nixweiss

hahaha, guess we will never know!, was she looking at him or you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTac05
    Yesterday (friday) as I`m applying another coat of Souveran to my truck, my crotchity old neighbor lady was walking by & says to me........." I don`t know why you`re doing that........It`s going to rain on Sunday. " It`s not the first time she`s made some comment to me in an agitated state. The last comment she made to me last week was...... "I don`t know why you spend all that time doing that". So after her latest comment to me ( I already had a few smirnoff`s in me at the time) I said to her........." You might not want to eat dinner tonight......You`re just gonna sh*t it out tomorrow! Have a nice day!" ( true story, by the way)

:getdown

Best one by far. I usually dont say stuff like that though. I just take it. Its an old lady anyway, she doesnt know any better. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbors also make some remarks when they see me using a toothbrush to apply tire dressing, or constantly buffing the paint to get the wax off.

I usually get remarks like "You`re going to wipe the paint off the car (not seriously, they know a thing or two about detailing)". Another neighbor, when seeing me, always tells me, "I`ll drive my car over next!". Very nice neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s face it.. we are nutbags... :-) It`s a hobby for me that provides, relaxtion, a distraction to the way sooo many stresses in this complex world, a challenge and a strive for perfection. It`s a lever in life that I can sometimes control. Now to those blasted swirls, spiderwebs, pine sap, aphid honeydew... I feel like the coyote and those dastardly unmentionables coming out as the ever Illusive road runner (honestly it`s more Elmer Fudd and the wascally wabbitt).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. For me, its a way to get away from it all... to do something that I can actually do and get right. Something that yields immediate and satisfying results - something that I can do that a lot of other people can`t do the same way.

It`s a great way to escape it all for a little while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonecko
    hahaha, guess we will never know!, was she looking at him or you?

She was looking at the cars of course :lol

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information