Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Qship3000
    I always say $300 and I`ll need the car for two days. Except once, that ends the conversation. The one time it didn`t, it was a cute girl and I did it for $200 :-)

hahaha too bad usually cute girl`s car = dirty rotten hell :nervous: at least, that`s been my experience.

And not to get off topic, but why is it that these girls are always so flirty when dropping the car off, but when they pick them up they act "too good" to be around the person who just worked their butt off detailing? Ah, the woes of being a lowly grease monkey :hairpull (before anyone says it, I always take a shower and change into fresh clothes before having the customer come back, or taking the car back to the customer.) :clap: I just can`t stand the prissy, stuck-up attitude.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fluffing and buffing my truck, when 2 females rode by on a couple horses.

One said, can mine be next?

I said, "you want me to wash your horse"

lmao

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBM
    I was fluffing and buffing my truck, when 2 females rode by on a couple horses.

One said, can mine be next?

I said, "you want me to wash your horse"

lmao

I was waiting for a "wax that @ss" reference.... come on now, you`re letting me down!! (you could take this two ways depending on your usage/reference of slang) :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    when my neighbor asked me why my cars (all white) are ALWAYS soooo clean. i told him that when i order them i specify the paint that doesn`t get dirty. yes, he actually believed me!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SK2003TypeS
    To put an end to the neighboors comments:

Build a shrine for your PC in your front yard (if you haven`t already), light candles (19 minimum), play your favorite weird song loud and on repeat mode and do an outdated dance (ex: MC Hammer). Also, when you detail, wear a cape, mask and boots of dexterity. Not only will they stop asking you questions, they will cross the street when they have to walk by you.

Detail on...fellow Autopians share your pain

Now you`ve got me thinking... (Just gotta figure out how the cape will not TOUCH my paint... UNLESS I can make a cape outta microfiber! :grinno: )

Indeed... detail on, Ted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 66#1
    My parent`s neighbor always said "my car next" for years and years whenever I washed my car when I was living at home. It annoyed the crap out of me!! The poor guy passed away the other day, and now I kind of miss hearing him say that.

- My landlord used to say this. She loved it the day she came out to an unexpectedly gleaming clean car.

- I had a big city bus driver pull up in the bus and say "Me next! You can skip the top if you want!". That was funny!

- My wife`s friend who drives a Jeep Wrangler often comes over when I`m detailing the cars. She said "me next" and I said "give me the keys and I`ll do it while you`re here". She hadn`t washed the car for _9 months_. After a nice clay, klasse, P21S job, it was beautiful. She hasn`t washed it since (3 months ago).

Oh well, it`s good to do nice things for people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edsarkiss
    She hadn`t washed the car for _9 months_. After a nice clay, klasse, P21S job, it was beautiful. She hasn`t washed it since (3 months ago).

That p*sses me off. It`s one thing when you get paid to do the job, but when you restore someone`s car for free, they should appreciate it enough to wash it at least every couple weeks or something.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    That p*sses me off. It`s one thing when you get paid to do the job, but when you restore someone`s car for free, they should appreciate it enough to wash it at least every couple weeks or something.
    It doesn`t bother me a bit. I knew that me "doing a number" on her car would not change her in the slightest. It was good practice!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the bright side is no washed induced marring

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    the bright side is no washed induced marring

:LOLOL

Some of these comments are pretty funny. The other day in the communal garage one of my neighbors said to me, "I`m glad you clean your car so much, I always know where to find you".
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    i live in an apartment complex so there are no carwashing going on.

instead, i go to this local self car wash place every friday night about 11pm ish.

most of the people over there at that time are local racers.

really cool people. i pull in with my Z, and they are like, "damn, its you again."

i think we should create a carwash club there. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    not really a remark (probably to themselves though) but i did get a few looks while using the leaf blower to dry the ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t really got any remarks from neighbors. I am new to the `hood and haven`t really reached out to make friends yet. I have no shade in my front yard so everything I do (except wash) to the car/truck is in my garage. I recently got an `02 Tundra and was excited to detail it. So I started getting a list of product together and felt someone over my shoulder...turned out to be my fiance. "What are you doing"? I told her what I was doing and how much it was going to cost and you would have thought that I just kicked her mom in the head. "*** is all that stuff for...don`t you just wash it and put some wax on it"? So I explained the process and she had no clue. She is not a car wahser and doesn`t understand the need. I told her that it was all worht it and that this was something that I thoroughly enjoyed doing. I then told her that I expected it to take the whole weekend. She laughed for hours about that one!!

The product showed up and the morning of the detail (Saturday) my alarm went off at 6:30. She rolled over and asked why the alram was going off. I told her that I was detailing the truck today and was excited about getting started. She laughed and was back asleep beofre I got out of bed.

She got up, came out, laughed again when she saw me blowing the car off with a leaf blower and went to work. She came back around 530 and the sun had started to set. As she pulled up in her Honda she got out, walked towards me with a huge smile on her face and hugged me. She aologized for everything she had said and told me that the truck looked amazing! She said that it still ooked wet and that it looked like a completely different color! I knew then that I had done a good job when someone that didn`t even care about keeping their car clean noticed the difference. Now she listens when I talk about doing other peoples cars and actually asks questions about how to do stuff. Her parents of course want their cars done now....good thing they are both doctor$$$!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmo327
    What I can`t stand is the annoying "my car is next" ...
    If I want to flip off person that says that my reply is "Can you afford me?".

Post Thanks / Like
    FIVE ***** THREAD! Seriously, this made my terrible day at work so0o0o much better I <3 you guys.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information