Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was doing my car this Friday in our community underground garage thingy, every person who walked by said a variation of the same thing "How much to do mine?". I`m not sure if I`m going to take them up on it but one of the guys has a `68 Corvette I would love to get my hands on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drove several GM`s from the 80`s the paint didn`t come off, I still have an 89 Cadillac and looks just

as good as anything on the road today, and better than most.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess u havn`t seen most of them, the paint gm used was horrible, clear coat peeled, paint peeled, some ford`s did it to but gm seemed to be the worst for bad paint.
    Got Boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday (friday) as I`m applying another coat of Souveran to my truck, my crotchity old neighbor lady was walking by & says to me........." I don`t know why you`re doing that........It`s going to rain on Sunday. " It`s not the first time she`s made some comment to me in an agitated state. The last comment she made to me last week was...... "I don`t know why you spend all that time doing that". So after her latest comment to me ( I already had a few smirnoff`s in me at the time) I said to her........." You might not want to eat dinner tonight......You`re just gonna sh*t it out tomorrow! Have a nice day!" ( true story, by the way)

Post Thanks / Like
    What does her vehicle look like haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool_ZX3
    I guess u havn`t seen most of them, the paint gm used was horrible, clear coat peeled, paint peeled, some ford`s did it to but gm seemed to be the worst for bad paint.

I believe I have, my brother had a 1982 Trans Am, a 1984 Pontiac, and a 1988 Grand

Prix, I owned a 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood and a 1989 Cadillac de Ville (which I still have)

and no paint work was ever done on any of them because of paint peeling, I haved owned nothing but GM cars since I purhcased my first one in 1970 a Cadillac, I had

a 1976 Olds which had some paint issues but it was over 20 years old when it started

having problems, the color is a light blue metallic (I still have that car, also)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Anderson

Any interesting comments from neighbors you`d care to share?
    My neighbor who lives across the street, she`s s nice old lady, she said to me on Sunday.....

Her: Hey how are you doing?

Me: Oh I`m doing alright, how have you been?

Her: Pretty good....I haven`t seen you wash your car lately, have you been sick?

LOL, I couldn`t help but laugh. I had just washed it on Wednesday, then on Saturday morning I`ll usually go out and wash it again. That Saturday I ended up going to a friends to detail his F350 PowerStroke diesel, I neglected my car.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    I once had a guy from the road crew come up to me in a rather alerted state, thinking I was rubbing the paint down with some sort of scrub pad (they were sealing the cracks in the street, slow moving work). I explained the clay and he responded with "oh, okay. wow, that`s cool!"

There are the usual remarks, then this summer... "you got a business license?" from two different neighbors. I guess all the cars I was doing peaked their interest. It was said jokingly, though.

Then there`s great interest when I`m trying out the new machines or techniques on my brother`s beaters (initially the PC, then wetsanding, now the rotary). "What the hell are you DOING?!" as I rub down the fender of the Corrado with sandpaper

There was once the comment of "It doesn`t matter how much you water that thing, it`s not going to grow" when I had my first car (93 Tercel). The guy was sort of a jerk and had just had a bad experience, getting screwed over by a local car dealership ("Smith Brothers"), so I responded with "That`s not what they told me at Smith Brothers!"

One of my neighbors finally hired me and he was blown away. Unfortunately, nobody else on the court has been interested enough to hire me - and some of those cars need it badly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah for a while I was thinking that I was nuts but when I recently moved to my new home, I had a very pleasant surprise my neighbor diagonal to my home details and cleans his cars just as much as I do, so my neighbors all think we are both insane!!!!!! If a funny site because you see both of us cleanning our cars at the same time and they just make comments like is this a race, we both just laugh but its cool ...the neighbors have been broken in already by my other neighbor so I get less crap...its okay it wouldn`t stop me anyway.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pyiu
    Yeah for a while I was thinking that I was nuts but when I recently moved to my new home, I had a very pleasant surprise my neighbor diagonal to my home details and cleans his cars just as much as I do, so my neighbors all think we are both insane!!!!!! If a funny site because you see both of us cleanning our cars at the same time and they just make comments like is this a race, we both just laugh but its cool ...the neighbors have been broken in already by my other neighbor so I get less crap...its okay it wouldn`t stop me anyway.

LOL that`s exactly how it is with me; we`re always walking over to each other`s garages and comparing products, techniques, etc. -- it makes it great when there`s a new product that one of us wants to try, we just agree to split the cost and split the bottle 50/50.

Of course, we`ve given eachother heart attacks a few times from walking up behind eachother while QDing or doing something where our focus is on the car and not the surroundings :laugh: "...well I thought you saw me in the reflection off the fender!!" :banned:

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s cool I guess we are the lucky ones....on the other hand my neighbor, sticks to the tradition stuff and I`m always letting him try new stuff. I turned him on to Poorboys Spray and gloss, now he refuses to try Adam`s Detail spray until he`s finished.....

I posted up a cool deal that Adam`s Polishes is giving to the Audiworld guys, its promo code East and you get 10% off the total of the deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the new ford 500(black) and that very weekend I had to detail it, dealer didn`t do the kinda job I wanted. So my wife works weekends at a flower shop where this guy comes in she knows. He`s owned fords all his life, worked for them to. When she told him we got a new car and I was detailing it alreay he fell apart..."you never have to wax those cars!, I never wax mine and just run it through the car washes(automatic), thats all ya need." I had to laugh....I should send him a link to this sight to get an education...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blame car salesmen for that kind of ignorance. I worked as a lot attendent / new car prep guy while in college (89-93), and I actually used to hear salesmen tell customers that with the "new" clearcoat paints never need waxing if you pay for the dealer applied paint protection (which was nothing more than some kind of super-cheap bulk wax! lol).

Post Thanks / Like
    No one has ever told me a better way to do it. They do say I have the cleanest car, etc. I have started dressing a little better and threw out the ripped up jeans when someone came by and asked me for my card.

For the "do mine next", I just say "Sure, $300 an hour". One guy asked me more about it, and I said, "Yeah, $300 an hour, but I`m sleeping with the owner`s wife".

:waxing: :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmo327
    What I can`t stand is the annoying "my car is next" that I will get from at least one neighbor everytime I am detailing and it is usually the ones with the filthy POS cars

I always say $300 and I`ll need the car for two days. Except once, that ends the conversation. The one time it didn`t, it was a cute girl and I did it for $200 :-)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information