Post Thanks / Like
    Since I purchased my Crossfire, I have noticed that the tailpipe gets very dirty from everyday driving. I have been trying to remove the black spots on the stainless-steel exhaust tips since it was new without any success. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the exhaust soot from my tips?I have used stainless-steel cleaner, a citris-based degreaser, and car soap without any improvements.

I am also trying to download images onto this site to show you my problem, but the file is too big...any help on making the file smaller?
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    www.photobucket.com

Register there, and you can upload/ edit the size of your pics.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not an ordinary teen

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exhaust SystemStainless steel is a strong, robust and durable metal that far exceeds life spans of several other materials. Stainless steel is not just one material; it is a family of chromium containing steels, which all possesses an inherent resistance to corrosion. The chromium is distributed throughout the steel and its purpose is to form a sub-microscopic surface layer of hard, adherent chromium oxide on steel, a few atoms thick.

The film is known as the passive layer, and it protects the underlying material from attack by corrosive species. If the layer is damaged in any way, it instantly reforms in the presence of oxygen to protect the surface of the material. To polish use a mild polish (Happich Simichrome) to remove stubborn stains use an abrasive polish (Heavy Metal® Ultra Fine Abrasive Polish)

Exhaust Tips / Pipes:

To clean exhaust piping use a polishing powder (Blue Coral Blue Buster) to remove â€Ëœblueâ€â„¢ from exhaust pipes wet towel and polish, it will not scratch chrome, can also be used on brass and stainless steel. For exhaust pipe polishing use a strip impregnated with a metal polish (Luster Strips) (See also Chrome / Stainless Steel Exhaust)

Seal exhaust components- with a polymer sealant (ZoopSeal)

Information Resource: www.caswellplating.com/bbs/

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chrome Exhaust:

Using chrome cleaner will remove the dulling that a car wash concentrate canâ€â„¢t. Apply a chrome cleaner (Smichrome or Motherâ€â„¢s Mag and Aluminium Polish) to a cool, dry exhaust, do not let the cleaner dry on the surface, for stubborn stains use #0000 synthetic steel wool and the metal polish.

To clean exhaust piping use a polishing powder (Blue Coral Blue Buster) to remove â€Ëœblueâ€â„¢ from exhaust pipes wet towel and polish, it will not scratch chrome, can also be used on brass and stainless steel. Clean exhaust piping with Luster Strips. Protect the exhaust with a polymer (Zoopseal) sealant (See also Chrome / Stainless Steel Exhaust

Recommended products:

a) Cleaning- any uncoated, non-ferrous metal surface â€â€œ brass, gold, silver, aluminium, magnesium, pewter, chrome, sterling, copper, stainless steel â€â€œ can be brought to a brilliant shine using Simichrome.

b) Protection - Zoopseal protects unfinished, brushed or polished steel, stainless steel, brass, aluminium and chrome parts from oxidation and eliminates the need for repeat polishing and extensive cleaning

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information