Post Thanks / Like
    I had been using the Poorboys SSRs with decent results. Anyway, last weekend I had a black VW with light swirling and I wanted to try #80 followed by #26.

I worked the #80 with a PC at 5 and LC white pad until it turned translucent and then wiped off with a MF. I noticed that if I worked it longer it didn`t really dust like the SSRs, so I stopped at the translucent stage.

When I applied the #26 I got some smearing. Maybe it was just more noticeable because of the black, but I was a little disappointed. There almost seemed to be some kind of film left behind by the #80.

What did I do wrong?

Do the oils in #80 need different treatment than the Poorboys SSRs?

Thanks for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used this combo a number of times and never had any probs :nixweiss

Did you use different MF`s to remove each product ?

I dont have my bottle of #80 with me at the moment but I think most of the megs polishes actually recomend you to follow with #26.

WD :xyxthumbs

PS : I have #26 paste

Post Thanks / Like
    I used one set of MF`s to remove the #80, and then a different set to remove the #26 (liquid BTW).

The #26 was applied by hand with a foam appliator. I applied to half the car to wait for it to haze, and then removed with dry MF.

Everything was done in my garage, maybe 60 degrees F. Colder and rainy outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never gone straight to #26 from #80 but did #80/#7/#26 a few weeks back on my 1 Series with no problems whatsoever. How much #26 did you use? I`ve found it to be best if you apply it so thin you can hardly see it.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen it before with the #26. It is IMO becasue too much product was applied. I always apply #26 (liquid) with the PC and a finishing pad. By hand you sometimes get the product too thick and get the smearing you are talking about.

It is definitely NOT the #80 IMO. If you want to clear it up, either use a QD and a MF or wait until your next wash.

*NOTE* Touching the wax within a 24 hour period may have an effect on durability, just letting you know before you QD it right after application.

FWIW, I use to QD after every application of #26 with mothers showtime and never had any durability issue. I could consistently get 10 weeks from one application of #26 in Memphis.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you previously use #26 after the SSRs? If so and you`re only getting streaking after #80 then you got me.

If it`s your first time using #26 on anything, then it`s probably like others have said, and you`re just using too much. The same thing happened to me as well. I use the paste and I find one good swipe with the foam pad will cover half my hood.

Thread Information