Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I learned about this forum over at Yotatech.com (a forum devoted to Toyota trucks). I had always enjoyed the "maintenance" section of that site, which is where I discovered Zaino. As my love for detailing developed, I began to find Yotatech a bit lacking in this regard (though it remains as THE source for Toyota specific information). I have spent the past week or so exploring Autopia and using the search engine as much as possible. You guys are intense. I feel right at home. My next detail session is scheduled for this weekend, and I am getting pumped. It should be cathartic to say the least. Anyways, I will post some pictures of my 98` 4runner soon (I am currently Dawn washing), so I`ll try to get some before pictures up. Hopefully you`ll have some suggestions for the newbie. Plenty of scratches and swirls to be picked on! Anyways, good to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board, Jeff! :wavey

If you haven`t done so already, download the Autopia Guide To Detailing Ebook. This a great little guide that will get you started in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing your 4runner!

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia Jeff

I may be moving to Oregon in a couple years. What are your thoughts on the area?
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

:welcome to Autopia Jeff

I may be moving to Oregon in a couple years. What are your thoughts on the area?

Thanks for the kind words. I moved out here from Boston in Sept 03`. My attraction was the outdoors, and the variety of activities, all within driving distance of Portland. So far, it has lived up to my expectations. Portland is a very cool little city. It has everything you could need, and is a model for urban planning (traffic, parking, cleanliness, public transportation). Pretty much the exact opposite of Boston in this regard. The weather has also been amazing. Gorgeous, mild summers and very tolerable winters. The amount of natural wonders contained within the state is astounding... Mt. Hood, the Pacific coast, Crater Lake. I could go on and on.

The biggest negatives woud have to be the economy, job market, and decidedly non-liberal makeup of the state outsid of Portland. Basically, if you can find a job and put up with the yokels, it`s a great place to live.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be the same way. I am looking for a more moderate climate than Green Bay WI, and I also love the outdoors. I need to live somewhere where I can do lots of fishing, kayaking, hiking, and disc golf. Are there any disc golf courses near Portland?
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

I would be the same way. I am looking for a more moderate climate than Green Bay WI, and I also love the outdoors. I need to live somewhere where I can do lots of fishing, kayaking, hiking, and disc golf. Are there any disc golf courses near Portland?

A friend of mine plays for the top ultimate team in the state. I don`t know if he does much disc golf. I`ll ask him. As for fishing, kayaking, and hiking, you`ll be in paradise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jeff_M

As for fishing, kayaking, and hiking, you`ll be in paradise.

I thought so.

I plan to minor in forestry (major in natural resources/wildlife), so as far as employment, I hope that one of the many state forests/national forests/state parks/logging companies/natural areas would be looking to hire.
    Paul...

Thread Information