Post Thanks / Like
    hey ya, i`m new here. i have an 05 scion tC, indigo ink pearl, like a dark metallic blue color.

heres my detailing supplies i`m going to get:

scratch x - for swirl removal

claymagic clay bar

Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser

klasse all in one

s100 wax

how long will this setup last, i mean, how long before i have to wax again?

first question - i only need to put 1 layer of klasse on, then follow it with wax right?

second question - i wash my car, then it decides to rain within one day, everytime. what can i do between washings to make it look like it was just washed? should i spray it with detailing spray and rub it off with a microfiber cloth?

third question - how do i get dust off my car without adding swirls?

forth question - can someone recommend a waffle weave microfiber cloth that will dry the entire car with only one cloth, and won`t empty out my wallet too

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    1. AIO is impossible to add more than one layer. It is a cleaner.

2. If you`re car is dirty, wash it. Don`t use a detail spray. A detail spray is better to use right after a wash to restore slickness and sometimes add protection. I don`t recommend using a QD (quick detailer) to clean dirt off the car. Very light dust is about all a QD can safely remove.

3. Wash it. In cases of very light dusting, you could try a QD. You are best to do a normal wash though.

4. WW at http://www.exceldetail.com

Get the blue one. I have 3 of them and they are excellent.

:welcome to Autopia :wavey
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, the only problem is that i wash my car, then i go outside and it`s dusty. i live in ohio, i don`t park it under trees, i don`t know where the dust comes from

after it rains, my car isn`t really dirty, but it has rain spots and stuff...would detailing spray be ok to use to remove that?

also, whats a good detailing spray?

Post Thanks / Like
    The spots from the rain are particles of pollution.

My explanation:

Rain water is NOT pure, but I`m sure it`s more pure than hard water from the hose.

Here`s a little meteorological fact for you:

In order for condensation to occur (within a cloud) the water vapor needs something to condense on. This is usually some type of particle of pollution, or salt dust from the ocean. The particles of pollution are referred to as "condensation nuclei".

Clouds are made up of trillions of condensation nuclei.

Each time water vapor condenses on one of these nuclei, a very tiny droplet forms. It takes millions of these droplets to form a single raindrop heavy enough to fall to the ground.

Once this raindrop does fall, it contains millions of particles of pollution, and continues to collect more particles on its journey through the polluted atmosphere to the ground.

So when it rains, you actually have billions of tiny particles of pollution and dirt on your car (you probably notice spots from the rain even though it`s not hard water)

I wouldn`t trust a QD spray to remove water spots from the rain or anywhere else. The only time I would be OK with using it is if I was using it on a white or silver car that was already in need of polishing.

On a darker color (such as your blue) I would only use a QD for very light dust and nothing else. You`ll just have to put up with the dust if you don`t want to wash it...or risk scratches. It`s up to you.

My favorite QD is FourStar Ultimate Gloss Enhancer, but I also like Mothers Showtime.

FourStar (4*) UGE is available here:

http://www.exceldetail.com

Showtime is available in clay kits (and maybe by itself) at local stores. Online it can be found at:

http://www.autogeek.net
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s an alternate explanation for the dust.

This time of year, there`s lots of pollen floating around. This forms a uniform coating on the car, not too dense. When rain dries on the car, the pollen concentrates in the beads of water. When the water evaporates, the pollen is left in spots.

Look at the dust closely. It`ll probably be yellow if it`s pollen.

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, I`m not sure, but I think the Scratch X has fillers and the AIO will remove that.

Also, the AIO and Paintwork Cleanser are both cleaners, so I don`t think you need both.

So I`d just wash, clay, AIO, and top with S100 if I were you. Wait until you can buy or borrow a PC to work on the swirlmarks.

Thread Information