Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    hi everyone,

do you guys think that klasse aio is good as a sealant by itself or do you think that you need to put on a additional dedicated sealant after applying klasse aio?

if so, what sealant do you recommend to use with klasse aio?

thanks,

dt15

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, AIO needs to be topped with an additional sealant. You might be able to go a few days without it, but I don`t recommend it.

As far as what sealant to go with, well that`s the fun part. Start poking around and you will find a LOT to choose from. My personal favorites are Wolfgang Paint Sealant, Pooroboy`s EX, and PB`s EX-P (which will probably change to EX-P+ as soon as I get a chance to try it out).

Post Thanks / Like
    since you need to use another sealant on top of klasse aoi, is it necessary to use klasse aio to begin with. should you just wash and apply sealant?

dt15

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO cleans the paint and removes oxidation from the paint, which is important for a great looking finish.

A sealant would just seal in the uncleaned, oxidized paint.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO is a paint cleaner and a surface prep specifically for maximizing the bonding of polymer sealants. In other words, AIO will lightly polish the surface and help your sealants stick better. AIO is definitely needed. I love the stuff, and use it on everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    While not to the extent of a pure sealant, AIO is also a protectant. Nothing "needs" to go over AIO but durability will certainly be increased.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

While not to the extent of a pure sealant, AIO is also a protectant. Nothing "needs" to go over AIO but durability will certainly be increased.

Greg`s correct ... AIO does offer some protection, with durability, beading and sheeting in the same class as UPP or EXP (I applied them on my Pilot, side by side, for easy comparsion).
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    you don`t have to apply a sealent over AIO. AIO makes wax cover 10 times better to the paint. You can top it with a good carnuba with no cleaners. I suggest SG though because it bonds to your paint. I suggest topping it with SG then P21S or Pinnacle paste. IF you go with the sg you don`t have to re-detail your car for 6 months (besides washing correctly and Sonus Acrylic Spritz). Just add carnuba. It protects your paint like nothing. I apply 3 coats of SG every 4-5 months. I apply SG and leave it on for 24 hrs to cure. I did that in Sept. and it`s still going strong even with record snow fall in N.E. Ohio. Ever since I`ve used SG (4 yrs.) I`ve never had to use an aggressive polish to remove swirls or restore shine.

I like UPP also and is a favorite with others also.
    Long Live My Audi. She Will Dearly Be missed.

Visit My Gallery if you wish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Originally posted by RedondoV6

Greg`s correct ... AIO does offer some protection, with durability, beading and sheeting in the same class as UPP or EXP (I applied them on my Pilot, side by side, for easy comparsion).

I agree with both. AIO (All in One) is exactly that...it does a little bit of everything (clean/polish/protect) BUT since it is a multi-purpose product, it doesn`t excel at any one thing. While not required, it is recommended a good sealant or carnuaba be put over the AIO for maximum protection/durability.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated by distributors:

Klasse All-In-One polishes away oxidation and leaves a deep acrylic shine that can last for 6 months or more. All-In-One is not a wax, silicone or polymer but an acrylic formula. It really is different. All-In-One bonds to the surface like a regular car wax but doesnâ€â„¢t penetrate or change the paint in any way. It matches the depth and clarity of a high quality carnauba wax but lasts much longer. Two applications a year (maybe just one) will keep your car looking great.

All-In-One contains a real polish. It removes surface films, old wax, minor swirls, and oxidation. Itâ€â„¢s a true one-step product. It cleans, polishes and protects in one easy step.

By adding another protectant one will extend protection and depending on addtional protectant used may augment appearance features (depth and gloss) not captured during prep or present in paint originally. :wavey

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: Klasse All-In-One polishes away oxidation and leaves a deep acrylic shine that can last for 6 months or more. All-In-One is not a wax, silicone or polymer but an acrylic formula. It really is different. All-In-One bonds to the surface like a regular car wax but doesnâ€â„¢t penetrate or change the paint in any way

I love the things marketing people say what they think people want to hear. Penetrating paint will damage it in some way? The way a product adheres to a paint surface initially is by surface tension and the then solvents create an anchor by penetrating the paint forming a mechanical anchor, once they cross-link forming a molecular bond with the paint

(Otherwise it would just slide off the paint and form a puddle on the floor LOL)

Enough frivolity, back to the tread subject-Klasse was originally formulated as a one-step product (AIO) with SG to provide added gloss and durability. But is most often used for its paint cleaning abilities (chemical and very mild abrasives) forming an ideal base for any paint protection product or to remove minor paint oxidation.

Jon
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do NOT have to have another sealant, it leaves behind an acrilic(sp?) but you should because it makes it that much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    What would be the best step before AIO/Sealant for a fairly new car with very light swirls? Light polish like VM or Meg Swirlremover with a porter cable (white pad?), then AIO and Sealant? Don`t you want to polish the surface before the AIO process.

Post Thanks / Like
    VM and AIO are very similar so pick one of the two. Yes, a polished surface will always look better than an unpolished one, but again (just like AIO) it`s not a necessity, just something to make everything look even better. My current favorites (for pre-AIO polishing) are 3M PI III MG and Meg`s #80

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MTO44

What would be the best step before AIO/Sealant for a fairly new car with very light swirls? Light polish like VM or Meg Swirlremover with a porter cable (white pad?), then AIO and Sealant? Don`t you want to polish the surface before the AIO process.
    If you used something of a light polish like #9 or VM, AIO is not necessary. Thoes products give a real good shine and you can go directly to a sealant. The only real way to improve the gloss more is to use a glaze like Meguiars #7 ect.. Remember AIO is a great product, but when it does more than one job (clean, polish, protect) it won`t give you maximum results. The nice thing about AIO is that you can use it as a cleaner/polish and don`t have to put on a protectant coat until next week.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information