Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, been browsing for a bit decided I`d finally stop in and really get to know the detailing world. First off my names Jeff, I drive a 94 Z28 Camaro. Its got a little bit of show and go.

If anyone cares, http://www.sounddomain.com/id/jeff94z28 thats the link to my site.

I have wetsanded the car down so I have basically killed orange peel since then Ive been big into detailing. I learned how to do it when I was taking autobody class`s back in high school. The whole front end of the car was painted by me as well.

Right now Ive been using Over the counter products which I have nothing against mainly Meguiars NXT and Gold class, I think I am going to buy some s100 for my topper but I was unsure of my Sealant. I know I can use NXT but I wouldnt mind beefing up the collection of products. The paint is stored in the winters and rarely driven in spring or fall due to me being at school, so the paint is in nice condition.

Any input on a new sealant, trying to stay under 30 or so dollars on this. I will also be buying about 6 new microfibers probably from pakshac, and a new sheepskin mit.
    `94 Black w/ Red SS scoop Z28 Camaro... some show, some go

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum :welcome

I`d go with wolfgang sealant ($20) and Pinnacle Souveren as a topper.
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.....Back from the bodyshop and ready to detail again :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Sorry, but I don`t have any input for sealant, yet. I have some Wolfgang on the way, and will have some Klasse very soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff94z28- Welcome to Autopia!

You and your friends sure have some nice f-bodies.

For sealants, I like 4* UPP, but there are a lot of good products on the market these days. IMO UPP and BF would look great on black, and next time you`re buying wax, get some Souveran. It looks a little different from the P21S (at least to some of us) and can be *just the thing* for black.

Heh heh, I`d probably save the money until you run out of NXT and get a PCM-4-Less reflash on that LT1

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a big fan of Souveran, and for the price (70), I think you can do much better. S100 is fine, Trade Secret is also very good. But I wouldn`t rule out a black paste wax. Go to www.topoftheline.com. It is actually made for black cars,and gives a very deep wet look. I like UPP for my sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at Accumulator busting out the LT1 f-body knowledge

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome guys, Ill probably go with UPP for a sealant (Ive had it recommended a few times now) and s100 for a LSP.

Next up for the motor is a Cold air intake. Then maybe a tune after that but still unsure.

Also whats everyone use to coat there wheel wells, as you can see in my pictures thats one place Ive never done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff94z28- Yeah, the CIA makes sense for your next mod. Lots of stuff to consider when you start to change things, huh?

TDMAN- Seems like a lot of people are happy with that Black Wax from TOL. And yeah, Souveran *is* a bit pricey (:doh, he *did* mention keeping things reasonable ), that`s probably what got me thinking about his souping up the car some more instead.

ZaneO- Heh heh, I didn`t *always* drive a minivan and boring German sedans Wouldn`t want Jeff94z28 to think we`re all show/no go I saw his buddy went with that `puter guy for his `97...

Post Thanks / Like
    Off topic - the CIA induction should be one of the first mods, IMO. A tune might be in order considering the rest of your mods. PCMforless burned my chip for me and did a pretty good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why bring more air in if you can`t push it out. Thats why exhaust came first.

Also what site carries most of the products so I don`t end up ordering from 3 different sites.

I want 4 star UPP, s100, a bundle of microfibers, and a new sheepskin mitt. Also looking for a wheel well product.

Im all set on compounds and polish`s.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    some possible combos

ColorX and Megs #26 liquid

Wolfgang and S100/Natty`s

Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jeff94z28

Why bring more air in if you can`t push it out. Thats why exhaust came first.

That point can easily be reversed...and the numbers usually back it up, but mod like you want and I`ll gladly keep to myself.

Originally posted by Jeff94z28

Also what site carries most of the products so I don`t end up ordering from 3 different sites.

www.premiumautocare.com and www.pakshak.com are two of the more comprehensive sites to order from. I can buy most everything from those two places.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, thanks for the links.

Yea the mod order can change around easily. Im sure we agree though, intake and exhaust are the basics, move on from there.

Edit. Zane0 I just checked out your mod list and we have basically the same car and mod list.

Post Thanks / Like
    ZaneO`s right on the money as to where to get this stuff.

A lot of people are happy using regular Armor All on wheel wells, if they`re plastic lined. Heh heh, see, I dunno what your wheelwells are like; I`m really a dunce when it comes to modern F-bodies, only know what transfers over from the LT1 B-bodies

FWIW, I`ve had decent results using the UPP in the wheelwells of our Audis. Gotta clean them with car wash soap instead of something potent or else you`ll just wash it off tough. But then the Armor All washes off pretty easily too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont give tips to people who post links with popups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information