Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I have two details coming up but have never worked on cars from any of the manufactures. What are the below paint types like to work on ?

Also what would your combination recommendation be ? I currently have #83, #80, #9, NXT, #16, #26 & S100. For both cars I was thinking #83 (if needed), #80, NXT then S100.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Car 1 : Porsche GT3 â€â€œ Black â€â€œ Not sure if its metallic ? (It was over a year ago when I saw the car last).

Car 2 : Nissan Skyline â€â€œ Metallic blue.

Cheers,

WD :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Skyline paint is a PITA to keep pristine.....The laquer (on my MP1 coloured car) is quite soft and marks very easily....... If it`s the deep metallic blue I`m thinking of that goes alot lighter in the sun I dare say it will be very similar....

Go for a mild polish as I`ve found that the paint marrs really easily if you use something a little on the harsh side. For example, where I`d normally break out the SSR 2.5 on most cars, I find the SSR 2 adequete for the skybus. For any scratches that require a bit more attention I find it easier to do a bit by hand first and then do a general pass or two with the PC to even it all out. Any of the waxes you mention look good although, I do keep going back to the P21S/S100 as one of my main favourites.

Although quite a few friends have Porsches the only one I`ve worked on several times is a white GT3 RS. Very nice paint that in the time he had it barely picked up any visible marks or swirls, so never really needed any attention other than washing and waxing... I wish the Jap paint was like this!!!

Good luck and look forward to seeing some pics :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Nissan, and have detiled with Ozzfather a lot of them. We have found that the best combo on their paint is VM and s100 wax or Zaino. Zaino really seems to bring out the Nissan paint. I have used Menz IP on a lot of them including my own with great success.

Only Porsche we have ever done is a single stage 928. That was a wild one.

Thread Information