Post Thanks / Like
    I have done LOTS of reading on this site and have learned a lot.

I`m starting to get minor swirls on the new truck. Very very minor--You can only see them at night when you look at the hood at a certain angle. It will only get worse

Can I use any wool wash mitt to wash the truck with?

How do you clean these things--in the washing machine?

How can I get rid of the minor light swirls that I have--What product should I use?

I am going to most likely try the P21s over the #26 that I have been using for years. Do you apply this with a foam applicator pad by hand?

As for a sealer I`m leaning towards klasse unless someone has something better that will offer more shine.

I plan to buy a PC as soon as I can get back on my feet again (I had an accident and got hit by a truck while I was on a 4-wheeler off-road) and get the truck buffed.

As far as MF towels, I got some of the blue ones from Sams club. They seem excellent for glaze/wax removal. They arent worth a hoot for drying though--that`s for sure.

Any suggestions I`ll take them. I`ll try tonight to get some pictures of the minor swirls.

:wavey
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    The Sonus MF wash mitt at autopia is a good one to wash with. It says to just throw it in the washer and dryer, lasts up to a year. I wouldn`t use any bleach or fabric softener with it though. Get a waffle weave drying towel. I have the Sonus one and it is great. Just be sure and rise the mitt out frequently while you`re washing so you aren`t rubbing a dirty mitt over your paint. For swirls, Meg #80 with a PC is good. I`ve heard a lot of good about the Menzerna (sp?) polishes too.
    4Runner

Integra GS-R

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s shine you want look into EX-P, 4*UPP and 1Z GW to name a few. I`ve never used KSG but some people have problems with application while others don`t. Having used the other three I mentioned, I can tell you application is a breeze.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, if you have in fact done lots of reading, then you woudn`t be asking these questions but oh well, here are my answers. for a beginner, i would get the PC, get some clay, 2 wafle weave MF`s for drying, some Meg`s 80 or Poorboy`s SSR2 for polish, Poorboy`s EX sealent (for dark paint) or Poorboy`s EXP (for light paint), then top with P21s after a few coats of sealent. I reccomend the Poorboy`s sealents because they are extremely easy to apply and remove and give a good shine with descent protection. I think Klasse SG is a great sealent and i find it easy to use BUT if you are a begginner, i would go with the Poorboy`s line cause this site seems to be flooded with Newb`s who ***** about KSG. The products i listed are pretty much the easiest products i have used and not spendy. They also yield good results and once your confidence and experiences grows, then you can start obtaining the "look" you want your vehicle to have. good luck, hope this helps.

Vernon

EDIT here are some links that i think you should read over that really have great info.

Non marring wash techniques

removing surface contaminents with clay

Polishing via DA buffer

Porter Cable accessories

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve posted a *lot* of info on marring-free washing recently (yesterday today something that recent). Maybe do a search on "foamgun". Sorry, I hate doing the "go search" thing but I`m just not up to typing all the washing technique stuff in again right now

Takes me several mitts to wash, always some dirt that sticks to them, even with the foamgun. And FWIW, I consider the foamgun mandatory for marring-free washing unless you`re gonna use my Extreme Wash Technique and even it works best with the foamgun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator is absolutely right. Thanks again for sharing such a great finish saving tip! :2thumbs:
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information