Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t resist. Ordered ZFX, Z2 pro, Z6, Z10. Package should arrive in a week. Will try it on 04 red Camry. Can I do the following products in sequence?

1) wash with Dawn (remove with ton of H2O)

2) Sonus Clay bar with Meg GC shampoo as lub

3) P21s paintwork cleansing lotion or AutoGlym radiant wax polish (remove current very fine marring)

4) ZFX

5) Z6

6) Z2 pro

7) repeat step 4-6

Question: Do I need to wash with Dawn after step 3 because of the oil from from the polish?

Can`t wait to use the Ziano. Wondering how does the side by side comparsion with the E320.

Here is the pic of the project car. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angele...lbum?.dir=ed29

Applied with Magic clay bar, 3M IHG, P21s wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d lose the Dawn wash in step 1 and just use Meg`s GC.

I`d do another wash after the PCL or Autoglym.

ZFX and Z2 pro are mixed together, so you use that mix after the post polishing wash. Z6 before and after each layer of Z2/ZFX.

I think 2-3 layers of Z2/ZFX is sufficient.

So basically:

1) Wash with Meg`s GC (leave car wet)

2) Clay with GC lube while car is still wet.

3) Wash again or rinse heavily (I wash again at this stage) and dry the car

4) Polish

5) Wash again and dry.

6) Z6 the entire car

7) ZFX/Z2 mixed together

8) Repeat 6 and 7 (2-3 layers)

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I "would" do the Dawn wash but after step 3. This way you will set the stage per manufacturer`s recommendation and also have a chance to analysize your prep work by removing any fillersand oils that may have been laid down by the P21S or Autoglyme.

If satisfied proceed to a Z6 wipe-own. Mix your ZFX prior to this wipedown and enjoy applying thin coats of Z2-PRO/ZFX.

Suggestion: If you only plan on 2 tops of Z2-PRO just mix up 1/2-3/4 of Z2-PRO with 2-3 drops of ZFX. This should be enough for a TL.

In the future you can alter how you prep your vehicle. For a fair analysis of any system, it is best the follow the issued procedure (directions).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.

I will do additional wash before the ZFX. Just curious what is the consequence not washing it after clay and before the first layer Zaino. Assume something to do with bonding issue, right?

It seems like adding wax without wash is okay with polish work.

On the other hand, adding sealent on top of polish require wash in between, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it depends on the polish/polishes used before Z.

Some ahev fillers and oils and some dont. I know many who polish with AIO and immediately follow with Z. They and I have had no problems and leaves a nice smooth clean surface. If your were to polish with say 1Z products, they do contaon fillers and oils and you should wash before your application of Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    Always clay right after initial cleaning vehicle. Never clay or polish a dirty finish. I normally clay immediately following wash and rinse. Just prior to drying using a new soapy bucket of water as the lube. Re-rinse and dry. Polish. If using a oil/filler containing polish, either wipe down with a 50/50 isopropyl alcohol (white rubbing alcohol) solution or Dawn wash. Since you are using Zaino either will prep surface ideally.

Proceed to apply Z2-PRO/ZFX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Always clay right after initial cleaning vehicle. Never clay or polish a dirty finish. I normally clay immediately following wash and rinse. Just prior to drying using a new soapy bucket of water as the lube. Re-rinse and dry. Polish. If using a oil/filler containing polish, either wipe down with a 50/50 isopropyl alcohol (white rubbing alcohol) solution or Dawn wash. Since you are using Zaino either will prep surface ideally.

Proceed to apply Z2-PRO/ZFX.

That`s the way to go!
    Later ......

Mike

Thread Information