Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The information is overwhelming at Autopia.org. Some of you might remember, I recently finished my father`s 95 MB with Sonus clay, SFX polish system, KSG and (LSP) P21s, however, some other product such as Zaina and Poorby are also highly recommanded by a lot of the members here. It is just matter of time both products will end up in my garage. Which one should I give it a try first?

Zaino:

ZFX

Z2

Z6

Z10

Poorboy:

Polish with Carnauba

EX-P

Spray & Wipe

Natural Look Dressing

Here is what I have (similar items) now.

Klasse SG

P21s wax

Sonux SFX 1, 2 and 3

Sonus Acrylic Spritz

Sonus Carnauba Spritz

AutoGlym Radiant wax polish

3M Imperial Hand Glaze

The cars that I want to work on are metallic black, metallic red, metallic silver and white color.

Go to this link to take the look of my toy and father`s car. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angel...orest/my_photos

The 2000 Porsche in the photo was applied many layers of 3M IHG and (LSP) P21s wax.

Detaiing is very addictive.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any problems or dislikes with your current product collection? I don`t want you to get caught up in all the recent threads that are going on now. If you buy everything you read, you will be broke in no time. I know Zaino has been a popular topic the past couple days and Poorboys products are frequently being discussed. I`ve never used Zaino, but from what i`ve been reading here it seems to be very durable. Not sure if thats what your looking for. I`ve always liked Poorboy`s because they give me good results, are easy to use and can be used in the sun. I also like Poorboy`s, because I can call Steve up anytime, and ask about a product or how to use it. I just recently purchased PwC, and I`ve had pretty good results with EX-P, S+W is another great product that I use all the time. I`m not trying to bash Zaino or other products, nor am I saying they have bad customer service or aren`t easy to use, its just that i`m most familiar with Poorboy`s so thats why I can confidentaly reccomend them. With all this snow we`ve been getting, I think i`m going to Zaino my new car next winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a hard call. What I liked about Zaino: durability, shine, What I disliked about Zaino, cure time, the hole rip off known as ZFX to cure it faster, and lack of depth of shine, and the Zealots who swear God himself put his holy hand in making it.

Now to poor boys. I like: their shine, price, wet look, easy on and off, greater diversity of products. What I dislike, SSR2 skip it and get SSR2.5, EXP shine is great but the feel does not last.

Silver and white go with Poor Boys

Black Zaino

Red Poor Boys IMOâ€Â¦

Post Thanks / Like
    i will second JohnnyDaJackal`s question of is there anything wrong with your current collection? is it not giving you the results you want?

if anything, get some AIO as it is not only a good base for the SG, but you can use it on practically any non-porous surface of your car. it`s great on clearcoated rims too.

as far as Zaino and Poorboy`s goes, well, i have no experience with Zaino, so you might want to search the `click & brag` for cars with Zaino and see how it looks. also i`ve read that their Z2 Pro is getting good reviews.

for the Poorboy`s products, i really like the Spray & Wipe. that is something i`d recommend as i`ve found out it makes a great QD. the EX-P is nice but loses it`s slickness quickly, usually after one wash. i`ve heard that the EX-P+ is coming out soon, so you might want to wait on it.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recvd my Zaino Z2 Pro and ZFX and was wondering myself if ZFX was a marketing upsell or does it really work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JohnnyDaJackal

Are there any problems or dislikes with your current product collection?

KSG (alone) lack of deep wet look on black color. Much better with P21s wax as LSP. The black MB is a daily car that spent about 20 hours per week max outdoor.

I`ve never used Zaino, but from what i`ve been reading here it seems to be very durable. Not sure if thats what your looking for.

I only used Klasse SG for only a week, so can`t comment about it`s durability. Is Zaino last much longer and deeper look than KSG?

So far what I dislike is the cure time with KSG. It seem ZFX wait time is much much shorter. Looking for matching KSG with P21s wax result with more durable and wetter look at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hirosh

if anything, get some AIO as it is not only a good base for the SG, but you can use it on practically any non-porous surface of your car. it`s great on clearcoated rims too.

the EX-P is nice but loses it`s slickness quickly, usually after one wash. i`ve heard that the EX-P+ is coming out soon, so you might want to wait on it.

What do you think of using AutoGlym Radiant wax polish replace of AIO? I have a 33oz bottle that hardly touch and don`t want to waste it.

How does EX-p compare with P21s wax for shine? It looks like EX-P only last very short life. May be shorter than P21s wax, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW KSG has lasted the entire NY Winter. Washed the car last weekend and it still beaded like crazy. I have metallic silver and I would put the look of KSG up against anything I have used so far. Just my 2 pennies

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by opass

....some other product such as Zaino and Poorboy are also highly recommanded by a lot of the members here. It is just matter of time both products will end up in my garage. Which one should I give it a try first?

Zaino:

ZFX

Z2

Z6

Z10

Poorboy:

Polish with Carnauba

EX-P

Spray & Wipe

Natural Look Dressing

.......break.......

The cars that I want to work on are metallic black, metallic red, metallic silver and white color.

.......Break.......

(your dislikes with current products) .....KSG (alone) lack of deep wet look on black color. Much better with P21s wax as LSP. The black MB is a daily car that spent about 20 hours per week max outdoor.

I only used Klasse SG for only a week, so can`t comment about it`s durability. Is Zaino last much longer and deeper look than KSG?

So far what I dislike is the cure time with KSG. It seem ZFX wait time is much much shorter. Looking for matching KSG with P21s wax result with more durable and wetter look at the same time.

OK .. some comparisons

Zaino/EXP .. same kind of product, clear wet look sealant. Zaino is more durable, slightly easier on and off, wetter looking and more slick. IMHO forget EXP, X2 Pro is better all round.

Zaino/KSG Both VERY durable, Zaino is quite a bit easier on and off and IMHO Zaino looks wetter and brighter. If ease of use is your real complaint about KSG, Zaino is a good alternative, if not, and you intend to top with a carnauba, I`d just stick with KSG.

Z6/Spray and Wipe . . not the same kind of products. Z6 is a QD with a Zaino booster for use on a clean or almost clean car. PB`s SNW is QD with no added protection but it can "wash" more dirt and dust away ( it`s also one of my favorite PB`s products).

Reading your posts, I`d probably recommend you try to perfect your KSG skills and try another topper first, probably Top Secret, Souveran or you could try PB`s EX.... all should give you a deep finish on the cars you have, IF you use them on properly prepared paint. If after a while you are still having problems using KSG but still want a super durable sealant give Zaino a try.

Good luck!

EDIT: Remember that good prep work is the real foundation for a deep, wet look shine.. check out the learn section at the top of the page for more on this
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ed Hartman

I just recvd my Zaino Z2 Pro and ZFX and was wondering myself if ZFX was a marketing upsell or does it really work.

It works as described Ed. Will you think it is worth the money you paid for it.... time will tell!

Personally, ZFX works for me as it allows me to apply up to three layers very quickly (in 45 minutes in warm SC weather). I am experimenting with using Z2 Pro with no ZFX right now, but it may take some time to see if durability suffers.
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ed Hartman

Unless you get an opportunity to used Z1 (initial application and after every 8-10 coats) or Z polishes without ZFX, you will never know. Z1 is good but has its limitations. No, ZFX is not an up-sell. It is an option that ones can choose if desired. Similiar to purchasing heated seats and leather. The car/truck/SUV will run the same, but the experience will be different cuddled in soft heated leather on those cold winter commutes.

ZFX works not only in terms of shortening drying and curing time but also allows one to apply up to 3 individual coats in one detailing session.

I/ you will get paid back a whole lot more than the $20 investment. Even as a hobbyist, family and leisure time outside of detailing is important, even to us Autopians. :shocked

Remember, Zaino products are developed in-house and if one has ever done any R&D, this cost $$ and a return on this investment is only natural.

Some day I am sure Zaino will develop a one-step instant drying/ curing polish (Z2-PRO with ZFX is almost there already).

There are also some exciting system complimentary products (i.e Z8 - Spray Sealant) in the pipeline. :woot:

But until then we must still continue to mix ZFX and Z polishes the same way we have for years mixed the 2 reagents for epoxy.

Michael,

The Z2-Pro will perform equally as well if applied without ZFX. For a single coat on already established Zaino`d finish, just use Z2-PRO. It still dries quickly, but of course you will need at least 24 hours for complete curing. If vehicle is not garaged and you expect any rain within that 24 hour curing time, use ZFX for that single coat.:xyxthumbs

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    opass: I have a suggestion for you. Maybe try looking in the good deals where they have a sample exchange going on. This will allow you to try out some new products, and you can determine whether or not they are worth buying the whole bottle or not. Off hand I don`t have any Zaino to offer you, but I do have some EX-P if you wanna trade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RedondoV6

Reading your posts, I`d probably recommend you try to perfect your KSG skills and try another topper first, probably Top Secret, Souveran or you could try PB`s EX.... all should give you a deep finish on the cars you have,

Souveran is on my wish list, but $70 for a can is pretty pricy. Does it enhance 1X richer look than P21s wax?

Post Thanks / Like

opass: I have a suggestion for you. Maybe try looking in the good deals where they have a sample exchange going on. This will allow you to try out some new products, and you can determine whether or not they are worth buying the whole bottle or not. Off hand I don`t have any Zaino to offer you, but I do have some EX-P if you wanna trade.

Love free sample. Where can I get it?

What kind of the trade are you looking for?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    from what i`ve read the look of Z2 Pro and EXP is similar(clear and shiny) but Zaino will last longer- if you want more of a carnauba look try Tropicare or Wolfgang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information