Post Thanks / Like
    Got my Zaino kit to use on my "new" 2003 BMW. The outside is beading water like it was just waxed, so I`m starting on the inside. Will clean the leather with z-9 and then apply the z-10 to the leather, dashboard, door tops and other vinyl. What, if anything, should I use on the hard plastic (front of radio, steering column, etc.) and the highly finished wood on the dashboard, console, and doors (it has a very thick clearcoat - I think you`d need a drill to actually get to the wood)? What about the carpets and the rear shelf? Should I plan on applying a UV protectant between applications of z-10? Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    The Zaino products will work nicely on the leather, vinyl, etc.

You might try some 303 Fabric Protectant on the carpets.

Not sure about the wood...I don`t usually use anything on that, other than a moist microfiber.

Post Thanks / Like
    If in good shape I would use a product like Plexus. Very mild cleans without abrasives, shines and leaves a protective coating. This has been my regimen for years on the LS400 and now the coated wood in the Escalade. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    You might also look into the Sonus Toal Eclipse protectant. I got one of the first bottles sent to people to sample, and when used properly, the finish is perfect. Nice and matte, but still deep and dark.

BTW, did you use a coupon code for Zaino? I`m trying to find one.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    No discounts for Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    I often hoik this product to fellow BMW owners, and to all other car owners that are interested actually. It is superb for all your interior plastics and vinyls, from your freindly neighbourhood BMW dealer Kungstoff Pflegeemulsion (Plastic Care Emulsion) part no. 83129407769 ... and to be honest with you (I have z10) I don`t much care for the `forced` leather smell of z10, I prefer to use the natural smell of the leathers in the car, by applying BMW ledder lotion, also available from your BMW dealership.

Post Thanks / Like
    No - I didn`t have a coupon code. would have been nice though. Did you mean to use the Sonus on the wood and the hard plastic?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Klasse AIO on simulated wood with success. Since real wood trim is actually clearcoated (or whatever its protective coating is called) as well, I see no reason why it would not work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

I use Klasse AIO on simulated wood with success. Since real wood trim is actually clearcoated (or whatever its protective coating is called) as well, I see no reason why it would not work.

Be care. The clearcoating on wood interior parts is a lot softer (earier to marr) than the clearcoat material on your exterior paint. Unless, you need corrective action stick with a non-abrasive cleaner. This material is also more fragile and effected by UV exposure. Some type of UV containing protectant is very useful for those non-garage queen cars/trucks/SUV`s.

Thread Information