Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Griot`s Garage Stay Soft Chamois which is great and dries VERY well. But I keep hearing these great things about WW drying towels. I was wondering which ones are the best (your opinions obviousely).

I was thinking one blue Pakshak and one excel detailing ww.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard good things about Excel`s MF but never tried them.

I use Pakshaks WW and can`t recommend them highly enough. .

Post Thanks / Like
    Pakshak towels are second to none, the UltraFine are simply in a category of their own. If you are looking on the cheap side Winners Circle has towels nearly as good for much less.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only used the Meguiars WW and Pakshaks Big Blue WW. Pakshaks Big Blue WW is far superior to the Meguiars WW, buy yourself a couple of Pakshaks Big Blue WW and you wont be disapointed.

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I will keep the theme going here, Pakshak Big Blue WW are the best. They get better as you go, even with a lot of water in them they still pick up a lot of water. And after you wash them a couple of times, they feel better and work better. I heard a rumor that I can`t verify, but w/ the Autopia discount, they are about $12. But I can`t verify that.
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Pakshak`s WW are great. When you check out put in "Autopia" as the promotion code and you will receive the discount. It will not show up during checkout. Ranney manually applies the discount. I just ordered two more WWs for myself. Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    PakShak gets my vote, as well. I can dry my entire car with just one towel. They are extremely soft and absorbent. Ranney also gives good prices for Autopia members and he`s an awesome guy to do business with.

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a total of 4 of the WW. I usually dry my car with an air dryer, but now that I have these I may just switch. Also, I find the WW to be great w/QEW wahes!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    WWs from ExcelDetail are awesome for the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    The gray WWs from Ian at MicroFiberTech are the softest I`ve ever felt. *MUCH* softer than my BBTs. They stay soft too.

Oh, and once you use WWMFs, your Griot`s Stay-Soft will be just as forgotten and neglected as mine is

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

The gray WWs from Ian at MicroFiberTech are the softest I`ve ever felt. *MUCH* softer than my BBTs. They stay soft too.

Oh, and once you use WWMFs, your Griot`s Stay-Soft will be just as forgotten and neglected as mine is

I looked at their site, and are the towels you are referring to the only gray ones they offer? If so, they look identical to the old Autopia Ultimate Drying Towels, which I don`t care for that much. After a while they got very thin and *scratchy*.

My favorite is the Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel. I have tried two other drying towels from Autopia and some from other various vendors and the Sonus Der Wunder definitely stands out from the rest.

This comparison is drying towels only, because I have other plush towels that are my favorite and are not Sonus brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the only gray ones the offer these days are the ones I`m talking about. I haven`t had any of them go bad, but I don`t use them all that hard either- I generally use the BBTs for most of it and the gray ones for the final touches. And FWIW I wash them in Micro Restore. My gray ones from Autopia (came, IIRC, in the old Block/Glide/Waffle set) don`t seem to be quite the same as these. The gray Autopia ones don`t get used all that often, but I think I can see the beginnings of what you`re referring to.

Haven`t tried the Sonus one yet, but I got one for a non-Autopian friend and I hear it`s quite good.

Post Thanks / Like
    my $.02

My experience with the Sonus Der Wunder is just the opposite of Jason`s. Of the ww towels I have (JT international, Groits, purple from Detailers Paradise, Pakshak and the Sonus Der Wunder) the Sonus is by far my least favorite.

It is "hard" feeling and leaves trails/streaks of water when it gets the least bit wet and the surface temp is cool (which is usually the only way I wash the car). That said if the surface temperature is hot the trail and/or streaking is greatly reduced. I gave up trying to use it as my primary drying towel...it is now the most expensive door jam drying towel I have ever owned.

All the other towels are very similar and work equally effective. The Pak Shak is probably the "plushest" with the Purple in second. However, that is a somewhat unfair comparison because they are the two newest (along with the Sonus) as the Groits and JT were my first ww towels.

I can say the durability of the Groits and JT have been exceptional as I have owned them for probably over 2 years and for the first year they were the only ww I had so they were used and washed at least once a week during the summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been very happy with my Pacific Blue WW towels from Excel. Great price and performance thus far.

Thread Information