Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all:

I just put two coats of AIO and then two coats of SG on and now wonder if I did it correctly. I washed the car with P21S Shampoo dried with MF WW. Then I applied the AIO with a terry MF applicator to the entire car and then as soon as I finished applying it to the car, I removed it (slight haze had formed) with blue MF towels from excel-detail. Then immediately repeated the process once completely removed.

The next day I did the same thing with the SG. I did not have any problems (streaking, etc ...) removing the SG. (although it was more difficult than the AIO) The paint looks pretty good after this process (I think it has more reflectivity and depth) and water beads tremendously, but how do I know that it was actually applied correctly? (The car is only a month old and cleaned religiously so the paint was in excellent condition to begin with, so before and after was/is hard to compare.)

I now read that maybe I should have waited longer between coats and because others have had problems with streaking, I`m begining to worry that I did not leave the products on long enough for them to really bond to the surface of the car. Did I do this wrong?

If so, can I and/or should I apply AIO over what is there now and just start over. My ultimate plan is to end up with two coats of AIO, four coats of SG and then 2 or 3 coats of P21S wax.

Any toughts on this plan or if I`m doing this right would help. TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    OK SG is made to go right over AIO that is the way it is to be done

your second layer of SG should be 24 hours later.

SG is a PITA to remove if you Don`t let is set long enough I can`t let it sit on for hours so I use the wipe on wipe off method and it works great

I wouldn`t worry about it if it looks good to you then it`s ok.. and that`s that.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re doing fine :xyxthumbs The products have bonded and all is well.

Just add another coat of SG after each of the next few washes until you build up as many as you want (I always think it looks best after 3-4 and when I put 6 on it lasts as long as a year).

You might oughta clay *very* gently if there`s any chance things aren`t perfectly clean after you wash. Don`t use AIO again as it`ll clean *too* well; it`ll strip off all the SG and take you back to square one (well, maybe square 2 ).

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. All-in-one contains a chemical cleaner and a polymer resin protectant (the only advantage of two coats is to ensure nothing was missed)

2. Apply your first coat of SG residues should be dry when you buff them. If the residues are still wet, you are using too much product.

3. After sufficient drying time do a quick swipe test with your finger. If no smearing or drag is evident, the residue is ready to be removed.

4. Sufficient time should be allowed to enable cross-linking, 12 â€â€œ 72 hours is recommended before the application of further â€Ëœlayersâ€â„¢ or other products (i.e. a Carnauba or QD)

If you can live with the â€Ëœlookâ€â„¢ your vehicle has now you could wait until the protectant requires renewing (that could be 4-6 months dependant upon weather conditions)

Or you could start over, wash, clay, AIO x 2 etc, etc

There are many tutorials on Klasse, do a search Iâ€â„¢m sure youâ€â„¢ll find what you need, if not askâ€Â¦

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    this has been answered NUMEROUS times. please read around and learn which way you would like do it.

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vdog0531

this has been answered NUMEROUS times. please read around and learn which way you would like do it.

Vernon

way to answer his ?

just wipe it on and wipe it off using a damp MF app to apply it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I guess I was looking for reassurance that I was doing it correctly. No worries though. Thanks for the help

Thread Information