Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen it in loads of threads and I know roughy what it is, I just can`t work out what it stands for! So, could somebody put my mind at ease and let on?!

Thanks,

Ben.

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmm well its not on the acronyms index, I have taken it to mean "last step product" but I could be wrong.....
    2 Classic Minis, Rover 200vi, Mazda mx5, Ford Mondeo Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dave Pickett

mmmm well its not on the acronyms index,
    Forgot to say that - I did look at the acronyms list first but no joy. I assumed it was somthing like Last Step Product, but just wondered if there was any clear cut definition!

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Last Step Product, Last Stage Product... whichever takes your fancy!

It`s basically the last product you use on your paint before you pack up and go crack open a beer!
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would broaden it out slightly to Last Step Product(s) which would cover glazes and other final stage products

Pedantic - yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you cleared that up, I thought it meant Liquid Sealant Protection :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ben,

I gotta say thanks for clearing that one up for me! Not dumb at all for asking. Being dumb would be trying to interact as if you knew what it was and had no clue. People like that you could probably get away with selling a muffler bearing or radiator belt to!
    Drive Fast, Take Chances

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean I didn`t need that muffler bearing?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to chime in,

LSP is a term I coined back in Oregon starting in the early 1990`s when talking to my customers about the paint polishing process. This was back in 1991 or 1992 when I was detailing cars professionally and conducting detailing classes for car clubs.

(At this time I was not working as a Meguiar`s employee but conducting clinic because I liked to and to obtain high-end customers)

The meaning to the acronym LSP as I used it meant,

Last Step Product.

Which means the last thing you apply to the finish and then remove before you stand back and say to yourself, it is finished.

I know a couple people have tried to define the word to mean a product that contains no cleaners or cleaning ability, but that`s not accurate. If you wash a car, follow that with claying and then apply a cleaner/wax, the cleaner/wax is your last step product.

And as Lowejackson pointed out, some people don`t apply any wax or paint protection type products to their finish but instead only apply a pure polish, or hand glaze. I think Forrest from Mother`s has said this is how they maintain the finishes on the Mother`s fleet of show cars. If the last product you apply to your car is a hand glaze, then the hand glaze is your LSP.

I`m not sure, but I think here this is the first time the term was used on the Internet/Autopia

LSP - Last Step Product

(Edit: It appears the thread, ****Lab Sample D****, referenced above and originally posted by Mosca has disappeared? -Mike)

Here`s what I wrote posted on 10-27-2003 03:00 AM (according to the time stamp)

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

From the multiple cars I have applied this new product too, at this time it would be my first choice for a last step product, (LSP), for both protection and appearance benefits

The filling characteristic, clearness, and darkness is what I really like so far, plus the scent.

LSP = Last Step Product - The last product you apply and remove before you stand back and and admire the results.

FYI

Mike

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for their inputs on this acronym. I also had an idea of what it was and finally asked in a chat the other night. I had looked around but couldn`t find a clear cut answer listed anywhere here. Since Mike coined it I think his definition says it all!
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    Echo that - thanks everybody for clearing that up for me!

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Since this question comes up from time to time, shouldn`t it be in the acronym list

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Sexual Position.. wait wait. No hold on. thats not correct. yes i believe is Last Step Product

Vernon

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vdog0531

Latest Sexual Position.. wait wait. No hold on. thats not correct. yes i believe is Last Step Product

Vernon

Geesh, I was gonna say Last Stupid Post, but Just in fun... I dont want anyone to think I am flaming them.... JK`ing around :wavey

It took me a while to figure it out, had to read enough posts to figure out the context of usage.
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Thread Information